Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Battery replacement

blacky705 ยท 2025-03-05 19:53

Hi, I just purchased an 08 NH B95 it has 2 batteries that need replacement. Can I replace with a larger single battery? Thanks

Replies8
  1. #1reganj2025-03-05 20:11

    My opinion is absolutely,,, but why re engineer what already has been designed. I am sure 01 battery is cheaper than 02 but you have much more reserve battery power with 02 and you also have to fabricate a very good way to keep 01 battery stationary. In the long run, in my stupid opinion, buy 02 batteries and save a lot of time and possibly aggravation. Others will give you a better educated opinion than mine. Hope this is helpful.

  2. #2NH575E2025-03-05 20:14

    Looking at your location I wouldn't recommend it. If it's like the E series the dual battery was an option for colder climates. My 575E has a single and it struggles in cold weather here in Florida. You are going to need all the cranking amps you can get up there.

  3. #3blacky7052025-03-05 20:16

    I get your point and no issue buying 2 batteries but I have this huge battery in the garage taking up space that I have no use for anything else. It may not even fit. I'll measure it up tomorrow. Thanks

  4. #4NH575E2025-03-05 20:42

    In that case see if it fits and run it if it'll work. I would not modify anything to make it work though. Although I have changed cable connection to eyelets and switched to a group 31 battery. But I did that with all new cables.

  5. #5HarleyHappy2025-03-05 20:49

    Make sure to send us pictures of what you got. Remember you from before.

  6. #6Legdoc2025-03-06 22:40

    Just replaced both 4D batteries in my old A-C grader. 1000 CCA each at Interstate $205.00 each made by Johnson Controls.

  7. #7blacky7052025-03-07 06:53

    I just bought 2 batteries, the consensus was not to mess with something that was designed to be better. Just waiting for better weather to go install them. Cheers

  8. #8Simon C2025-03-07 18:48

    1 will cause you more grief than you can imagiine. Who needs head-aches, when you need a machine just to get things done. Good decision. Simon C