Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

BC 773 Manual Lift Release knob

sdwest ยท 2014-04-21 15:55

Hi again, everyone! I noticed a (about 1-1/8" square) red plastic knob next to seat bottom on my right side, it had been bent inward and was hidden almost under the bottom cushion. When I got ahold of it with my hand, it broke off. It is apparently connected a hydraulic valve of some kind, the manual says it's the "Manual Lift Release". Does anyone know what this does? How much trouble is it to fix this? How much trouble am I in by having the knob broken off and not usable? Thanks again! sdwest

Replies2
  1. #1crewchief8882014-04-21 17:10

    thats the emergency boom down release. for example, if the engine dies and the boom is up, and blocking the front door, pulling up and turning the red knob 1/4 turn will slowly lower the boom to the ground. i dont think the cartridge valve is available by itself any longer, you'd have to buy the complete valve assembly. if i remember correctly it's under $150. 2 bolts, 2 hoses/tubelines :drinkup

  2. #2sdwest2014-04-21 17:23

    Thanks, crewchief888.