Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Wild Kat brush rake?

justafarmer ยท 2014-04-21 00:07

Anyone run one of these "heavy duty" model of Wild Kat brush rakes? http://www.ebay.com/itm/BOBCAT-SKID...avy_Equipment_Attachments&hash=item3cdd20a7e6 The price fits the budget, but really don't want something that will bend like a pretzel either. It will be on a 287b. Not doing anything commercially, just clean up around the farm.

Replies14
  1. #1JDOFMEMI2014-04-21 01:41

    I would be curious as well. It looks like a good design, but I do not know anything about the build quality of the Wildcat brand.

  2. #2lantraxco2014-04-21 02:30

    If you read the description, which is hard as hell because of the goofy way they put it up on ebay, it states that the unit is made from "A36 Steel" which is the structural standard for mild steel. Looks like a great design and well made, cleaning up around the farm will probably be fine, but if you hit anything hard with it, it will probably bend fairly easy in my opinion. Cheers

  3. #3Chass2014-04-21 05:25

    yeh looks good I agree needs a bit more support across the tines, I get why they left it open but I think It will bend.

  4. #4CM19952014-04-21 06:43

    That's what I was thinking. If you buy it justafarmer, I would consider welding some 2" or so pipe between the tines to stiffen them up.

  5. #5clintm2014-04-21 07:16

    they are about an hr up the road from us I have never bought any of their attachments. some friends of mine have one of their scrap grapple buckets they use it pretty lite its the second one they have had cutting edge wore out on the first one did not want to replace it just bought a new bucket . you get what you pay for I've never been disappointed with spending the extra money to buy quality attachments. as far as the tines on this one they look kinda wide to me and would probeley try to plow up dirt like a chisel plow I would rather have a skinny tine made out of a r400 steel (wear and strength ) it would slice through dirt easier and not plow up dirt as bad

  6. #6JNB2014-04-21 08:28

    Look at this grapple and notice that it's the same as the Wildkat model in your link. http://www.highrockskidsteerattachments.com/ripper-tooth-grapple.html I don't know what association these two companies have, but I sent two 4n1 buckets back to High Rock and got my money back. I'd spend a little more and get quality. Just :my2c

  7. #7Bumpsteer2014-04-21 09:21

    Looking at it in the open position, I don't like the large gap, to much debris will come back at you. Ed

  8. #8Chass2014-04-21 19:57

    I agree

  9. #9justafarmer2014-04-21 22:01

    Thanks for all the quick responses and advice, although i was hoping this was an exception to the "get what you pay for rule"! This was another one of my picks, although I could buy 2+ wild kats for what they are asking for this: http://www.attachmentsandmore.com/p...ck-attach.com/attachments/logbrushrockgrapple and a lighter version: http://www.attachmentsandmore.com/p...ck-attach.com/attachments/logbrushrockgrapple

  10. #10lantraxco2014-04-21 23:42

    T1 steel, probably twice the price per pound, plus if done correctly the welding procedure is much more involved.

  11. #11Skid Shear2014-04-23 20:56

    I bought one of these several years ago and have been pleased with it. I use it on my SS and M6040 FEL and it always does what I ask of it... http://www.cidattachments.com/xtreme_grapple_rake.html

  12. #12Wildkat2016-08-24 15:55

    Extreme Rootrake We make two versions an e-series that made for the cost minded person that is not going to abuse the grapple. Cylinders are not greasable. The unit you were looking at is our extreme and is built much heavier for the commercial user.

  13. #13DIYDAVE2016-08-24 20:13

    The one I got, for my ASV RC-30 was made, in the same town, in NC, but a different mfr. I paid about $950 +shipping, for a 4'model, that they custom made for me. Wish I could remember the mfr's name, but I guess the CRS is kicking in, tonite...:Banghead:Banghead

  14. #14movindirt2016-08-25 14:04

    I've got a 72" heavy duty brush cutter that is a WildKat brand, its worked great so far. I don't figure on any buckets I buy being a super tight on the QC, I've got a Virnig heavy duty bucket that is quite loose on my Cat coupler, it just rattles a little more when you're trying to kick some mud out of the bucket...