Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

BC 863 Cant find this leak!

OVERTORQUED ยท 2015-10-29 04:35

Hi all - posted awhile back about this 863 that we repaired and it's been running fine until this MASSIVE hydraulic leak. I've spent days in this thing looking for which hose or where it's leaking from but can't locate it. It only seems to spew it out when tractor is moving. Located manual, but of course there's no diagrams for hoses. At idle nothing happening. Pulling motor is not an option. With cab up can get in there pretty good but doesn't help as it doesn't leak at idle. What are my other choices? Pull one hose at a time to inspect (assuming it's a hose)? Days into this messy thing and have got to find this leak! Any input please greatly appreciated.

Replies9
  1. #1mountainlake2015-10-29 08:11

    Try cleaning it up real good, maybe power wash, then drive it just a little and look for the leak again, Should at least get you in the right area. Steve

  2. #2OVERTORQUED2015-10-29 09:49

    Pressure washed 3 times and moved forward, backward, raised bucket only, turned in circles... Can't seem to locate source of leak. It just fills up the whole bottom of tractor with no tell tale drips, sprays or otherwise. Pulling my hair out on this one. Should I check pressure lines first? If I had clear diagram maybe would help. About ready to strike a match to it but have so much more work to do with it. Thanks for the reply though.

  3. #3OVERTORQUED2015-10-30 20:01

    Does anybody know where I might find a diagram of these hydraulic hoses?

  4. #4willie592015-10-30 22:01

    I myself have never seen Bobcat produce a diagram that maps out the hoses/pipes on their machines, they have wiring schematics, but nothing that I've seen that maps out the layout on the machine itself. Some leaks can be tricky to find. But as mentioned above, it's best to clean it thoroughly, and that's not an easy task on a Bobcat. I've spent many hours cleaning those critters, many hours, and you can't get one "clean", you just get them "clean-er", but it can be done. And once you've cleaned it, it helps for it to be dry. Yeah, that takes time and I don't know how much time you have to wait for it to dry out internally. Nevertheless, once you get it clean, see if you can determine if the leak is on the left side or right side of chain case, begin to narrow it down. And you may need a good bright light along with an inspection mirror, but perseverance will typically allow you to find where it's coming from.

  5. #5Todd v.2015-10-31 03:32

    And sometimes being dirty helps also, look for the clean spot! You can flip up the cab with kt running I believe, can you put it on jackstands and operate the drive motors with the cab raised and see if it will leak or does It take a load before it leaks?

  6. #6OVERTORQUED2015-10-31 15:47

    At idle it doesn't leak so think we will try the jack stands. 'Perseverance'...love that word.

  7. #7OVERTORQUED2015-11-18 12:56

    Drilled a couple holes to let all that fluid drain out. Filled the hydraulic fluid up and it hasn't leaked since. Stumped.. But not going to complain.

  8. #8garry w2016-01-07 22:26

    spool valves ? on right hand side of machine

  9. #9OVERTORQUED2016-01-09 07:07

    You know, the crazy thing just stopped leaking altogether. If it starts again I suppose I will check there. Thanks.