Hi folks 753 (Square Headlights) Fuel Problem. Machine runs out of fuel and only takes 1.5 gallons afterwards. -I’ve adjusted the bypass bleeder to all the way in. -I've Verified the solenoid is working freely/correctly. -I've attached an alternative fuel line to the feeder end of the bulb and operated fine. (In fact I was all set to run a 10’ fuel line, drilled with holes, and with a large screw attached at the end to weigh it down/keep in place inside a 5gal tank that I’d place…. on my lap? The fourteen year old talked me out of that one). -I'm pretty sure I did a no-no here. Disconnected the fuel line leading from the tank to the primer bulb and blew air into the tank (with the fuel cap unattached) – heard a ‘pop-then fuel freely flows from the tank so reconnected to bulb and continued to operate. BUT results are still only about 1.5 gallons of operating time, then have to refill tank. Last night had to repeat the process. Where disconnecting the primer bulb, blowing air, etc… I’ve been able to blow air into the end of the line/into the tank and hear ‘gurgling inside the tank; and I’ve been able to blow air into the tank and create a steady stream out the end of the fuel line. However, in the midst of all this I'm concerned about fuel line/fuel elbow inside the tank and repetitive fuel return problems and adding problems if I don't have a check ball screen attached anymore. Sooo... I just came back inside from my first attempt.... The Fuel Pickup tube IS tough to get at! I raised the cab and laid some 1x6's across the 'fender-wells to support my weight. Found out that with allot more paying attention than a week ago that the 90 deg fitting coming out of top of tank through a grommet is located center-mass on the machine, and and approx 4-6" underneath the hydraulics. I had my 14 yo wiggle the fuel line ahead of time so I could ID that the 1/4" line closer to me was the fuel pickup line. Laundry List of Parts for tomorrow. _Primer Bulb. (pinhole leak) _1/4" Fuel Line (10') _Hose clamp _Check Ball Screen _Pick-tube vinyl (Reason for 10' of fuel line is mainly I'll replace all lines while I'm at it). Ok, so question(s). -Do I need to purge the tank? I figure the new check Ball Screen will prevent any debris in the future. -Is there a need for replacing the elbow & grommet attached to the top of the tank? Thanx in advance.
Sounds like you have it under control. I don't see a need to purge the tank, unless you know you've got a bunch of dregs in the tank. Replace the grommet that the elbow fits in, no need to replace the elbow unless it's damaged. Also, remember, Bobcat uses vinyl tubing as a pick-up tube inside the tank. I wouldn't use rubber fuel hose inside the tank if that's what you were planning on doing, I don't think the outer jacket of fuel hose could tollerate being submerged in fuel for long periods.
Thanx! Got it, updated original shopping list to include vinyl pick-up tube.
I think I may have the same problem with my 763 !
This jangles a memory I am not sure about your shopping list and it might well be your intention to anyway BUT it sounds to me as if the pickup pipe inside the tank is split. Or is that the conclusion that you have already come to on edit, ...pick-tube vinyl :yup on edit 2nd time, should I just delete this post and go back to sleep!
Did you figure it out?
The pickup tube breaking inside the tank is common on Bobcats with a few years on them. Ken