Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

gregg–Problem with 753C Bobcat

gregg ยท 2009-05-17 11:31

I have a bobcat model 753 series c, vintage around 1990-95, diesel, runs great is only used around the house on weekends. The problem I am having: The bucket barely raises or curls with a load in it. The functions still work empty but not loaded. The fluid level is fine, the filters were changed about 30 hrs ago, everything eles is operatig fine. HELP

Replies10
  1. #1willie592009-05-17 12:05

    Hello gregg, couple of questions. Do the loader arms lift a heavy load? When you have some weight in the bucket, will it keep it curled? Oh yeah, what about the drives, will it push a hard load?

  2. #2gregg2009-05-17 12:24

    no the loader arms won't lift a heavy load. Yes the bucket will hold a curl. Yes the drives will push a heavey load. As a matter of fact I have been using this bobcat more like a dozer than a loader.

  3. #3willie592009-05-17 13:33

    Then it sounds like you have a problem either with the main relief valve or the work equipment pump has gone bye bye. Given the age of the machine, and if it's the original pump, I'd lean toward pump failure. Can't really tell you an easy way to test it yourself, though. You could remove the relief valve and inspect it, see if there's any failed o-rings on them or pieces of metal lodged in the ports of the cartridge. If it looks good, you probably have a failed work equipment pump. Just a few thoughts.

  4. #4gregg2009-05-17 13:38

    thanks for your time looks like it's off to the shop. Any guess as to the cost of the pump replacement or repair?

  5. #5willie592009-05-17 13:42

    It's been a while since I've replaced one, can't remember what they cost. They're not too bad, nothing like the cost of the drive pumps. Are you going to do the work yourself or pay someone else to do it?

  6. #6gregg2009-05-17 13:52

    afraid I'll have to have some one else look at it I'm not sure even where the pump you are referring to is located. Could a losse belt on a hydraulic belt have a bearing on the problem?

  7. #7willie592009-05-17 14:01

    That's why I asked if the drives have good power, it's the same belt that drives both pumps. If she'll "push like a dozer", you ain't got a drive belt problem. I've seen plenty of work equipment pumps go down on these things, time takes it's toll on them. If you've never worked on one, it's not a bad idea to pay someone else to do the repairs. If'n I was to take a wild guess what it would cost, I'd guess somewhere in the range of $600 to $900 total. But that's just a guess. Another thing you should check on your machine is where the bucket dump cylinder attaches to the loader frame right in front of the operator seat. Check the welds of the pin bosses on the loader frame where the cylinder attaches, those models were bad about cracks in the welds and steel weldments in that area. If you have cracks/damage there, have your mechanic repair that too while he's working on it.

  8. #8gregg2009-05-17 14:30

    I can't thank you enough. You have given me a lot to follow up on today. I'm on my way outside and get started. I'll be back in touch with a report. Be talkin to you soon. Again thank you.

  9. #9digger242j2009-05-17 16:20

    I fixed your thread title to give everybody an idea of what it's about. That ATCOEQUIP is a helluva good guy, isn't he? :drinkup

  10. #10LoaderParts2009-06-23 12:35

    We have brand new Eaton (OEM supplier) pumps in stock for your machine at 20-50% below Bobcat's prices. Give us a look see. www.loaderpartssource.com