Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

BD2F Remove Cylinders

DBaj ยท 2023-09-05 19:39

I have a hydraulic leak under my right shift cylinder. To get access to remove the hoses and lines I need to remove the cylinder. I thought it would be as easy as pulling the cotter pin and using a M12x1.5 bolt and a pulling frame. Not so much luck. Pins are soaked in rust breaking fluid and the they spin easily but they won't pull. What am I missing?

Replies4
  1. #1alrman2023-09-05 20:21

    If the pin is free & spinning, it will have a step worn into it. Does the cylinder move in & out a little? Just need to jiggle the cylinder a little while trying to pull the pin.

  2. #2Welder Dave2023-09-05 22:18

    Maybe threading a bolt in the pin and turning it while pulling on it and jiggling the cylinder will get it to come out.

  3. #3shopguy2023-09-06 06:00

    Probably like a Cat,got a self aligning bearing with the inner race rusted to the pin put a short all threaded bolt in it to protect the threads and knock it to the inside to free it

  4. #4DBaj2023-09-06 07:21

    Thank you everyone! I will give these a try tonight and let you know how it goes.