Hi there everyone I have a d6r dozer I am trying to find the magnetic screen near the power drive pump I have done the one at the rear of machine. Can i get to the other one thru the floor or do I need to remove belly plate would any have any pictures as to what I am looking for as I seem to be running blind and can't seem to find it .
There are no less than 40 different models of D6R. Would you like to narrow the field a tad by giving a Serial Number.?
easy enough to sort chap, starting at the back wishbone (Draw Bar) you will find a plate with 4 bolts, when removed the screen is inside, then if you remove the belly plate its the best way you will see the round tube pipe that feeds up to the Trans' pump, on the end of this tube is a plate with 4 nuts, remove this and a magnet screen is inside, look at the low pipe bolted onto the Torque case that is opposite the round tube its bolted with 2 bolts, remove this and you will find a small screen inside, it might be wise to drain the oil first before undoing anything as there is 36 Imp' Gallons wanting out.
Are you talking about the one circled in red directly below the transmission pump #22.? If so remove the 4 bolts on the square cover on the front side of the assembly and extract the screen/magnets toward the front of the machine. There is also a small screen #5 in the torque converter scavenge line, circled in black just to the right of the pump suction screen. According to the Operation & Maintenance Manual, which I assume you don't have, access to the screen is by removing the bottom guard. An O&M Manual can be downloaded from Cat for around AU$80. A very worthwhile investment.