Sure would appreciate some help. My Bd2g won't start. It was having some problems that lead up to this issue. First the gauges stopped working, then when I tried to shut it down after running for awhile the ignition switch would not work so I had to put in gear at low idle to kill the engine. The ignition switch wouldn't restart the motor after this until it sat for an hour or so and things seemed to reset. It went through this cycle for a month or so but now the ignition switch is dead, no gauges, no clicks when I turn the key. I installed a new ignition switch awhile ago(before this problem) and I just put in 2 new batteries. Dash fuses are good. Any thoughts? Thanks.
Is the power cut off switch faulty? That's the lever behind your right foot that cuts off the power from the battery.
You know I was asked that question already and as basic as that sounds I will have to check. I only get to the land every couple of weeks and I will check for sure. Sure would be pretty stupid of me if it was, but sure would be nice. Thanks for the reply!
Also if that doesn't fix you up, was this ignition switch the right one? And what happened to the old one? The first thing to check (after the above power cut off switch) is if you have power to the ignition switch and then if the proper terminals energize at the right times, and then which relay is burned out or where the wiring is messed up. Almost sounds like a relay started drawing too much juice, or just failing when too hot.
Thanks for the help. The old switch was just worn out, the key was loose. But the first thing I did was change it back thinking that was the problem but it wasn't. I got no voltage at the switch. I will check the main power switch next weekend when I'm down there to see if this is the problem. I still have the dash all apart so it will be an easy check. Thanks again.
Thanks for all the help. The main power switch needed to be cleaned, that was it. When done fired right up.