Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What do I do to make blade drop fast….New Holland D180

Toreq ยท 2013-08-04 08:00

Sticky clay is hanging on to my blade (New Holland D180 semi-U); much of the time it won't drop off untill I have backed up quite a ways in my cut. Every once in a while the blade will drop very fast, but I don't know what I've done to get it to drop fast. If I could give it a fast drop and shake where I'm wanting to drop my load, I'm sure it would shake much of the dirt off. It also is slow to drop when I am ready to start my cut. What do I need to do to get it to drop fast? The machine has been sitting a while, so the blade is not polished bright. But in the last 30 hours it has improved a lot. Thanks in advance

Replies3
  1. #1stumpjumper832013-08-04 10:55

    a lot of times you can use the float position. that's all the way forward on the control, then catch it before it drops fully and it will release the dirt. It helps to time that maneuver with the engagement of reverse as well. Same with starting a new cut just hit float and as you start cutting pop it back into the center - Float is usually detented to help with certain tasks.

  2. #2LDK2013-08-04 13:43

    You might try the following instead of trying to shake sticky dirt off the blade. As you get to the end of your push put down pressure on the blade, the dirt usually slides up the face of the blade and as it does that shift into reverse, most of the time that works for me. Hope it helps.

  3. #3illinoisboy2013-08-11 19:55

    I agree with LDK, that is what we do when needed with our TD20C, with semi-U blade, however....if your building a berm or dike and trying to drop dirt on the top, then that is not possible... Let us know what you find out. I am personally looking at getting a NH dozer this week, and curious how they work.