Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

BD2G steering clutch & other issues

Yol90 ยท 2015-04-25 02:25

Hi, I bought a BD2G and now starting to renovate it with some issues where your experience could help me to save time and... material as I mnot very familiar with this kind of machine. I started to replace steering clutch and have removed the first bolts on the steering clutch assembly. Then I can not rotate the sprocket to remove the remaining one. Any advice ? I read in others thread that a come along has to be used but it does not rotate. I removed the track chain. It s a powershift dozer. Another issue I have is that once the engine is working for some hours, once stopped, it will not start again before 1 day. It looks like the solenoid has an issue. I guess there is instrumentation and electronic protection somewhere but no idea how to solve it. Your support will be be much appreciated. Lio

Replies1
  1. #1Scrub Puller2015-04-25 03:58

    Yair . . . Yol90. It is not normally necessary to split the chain to remove clutches. In a conventional clutch/brake steer tractor unless the steering clutches are disengaged the whole backend is locked together as a unit. The normal procedure is just to jack the whole machine forward or back with a jack positioned under a convenient grouser about a third of the way up the sprocket or idler. Other folks on here will know much more than me about your particular machine and may take the discussion further. Cheers.