are they any good or plague with problems also are do they have a lot of electronics on them
the greatest horse caterpillar ever made in the last 20 years imho No electronic manure and the bulletproof 3306
nice to know im wanting to upgrade my d7e
Yea... what D6 merv said.
Keep the E just in case.
its a old 1964 standard runs great did a bunch of upgrades it does the job I just thought a newer high drive would be more productive and a nice upgrade for the farm
D7H is a great machine and I love it. Dear old D7E is a good tool too. For my 10c worth; The E will owe you nothing; if shes a good runner keep it. Especially if it has a winch on its butt. And if it hasn,t, id get one for it makes a good winch salvage machine for the H if your farm has any bog holes on it the H might be unlucky enough to find.
If you find a 7H / 7R with diff steer you will love that. I think all the R are diff steer. Hydraulics will be quick as well. That's a pretty major upgrade but I don't think you will regret it.
A d6h or r will keep right up with a e as well and can still be moved on a tandem if your carful. I also run a 7e and its replacement will be a d6r lgp unless a good deal comes along on a 7h or r. Bring a 100 k or so and I'm sure you can bring something home from Ritchie's this week.
I think you are right, its just finding the good one from the crap
3 days to go for the dozzers. Should be quite the show this week. I actually thought they'd get more stuff in then they did. Probably could've stuck with 3 days and done allright with it. Probably end up parking at the castrol racetrack just west of town. Least that's where we had to park last time. Worked out ok though. We were thinking of going but I don't think we'll make it. Probably catch a bit of the auction here and there on the net. You definitly have to watch what you buy there. Onling bidding is pretty much out for me unless I know the machine. I've seen far to many people get burnt buying online. Bought a 175 kw genset there last spring and 90% of the ones that went through the auction were basically parts machines or scrap iron. Some looked beautiful in the pictures thoguh. Watched a Waker G100 enclosed generator sell online. 3 of them actually. Guy from California bought one sight unseen. It was the only with the crackshaft sticking out the side of the oil pan. Icing on the cake was he paid the most out of that group too. There are some nice machines that go thorugh though. Guy almost has to touch feel and run everyone that he's interested in though. bought a 06 Hitachi 270 hoe there 2 years ago I ran 65 hoes the day before the auction. And that was enough to pick though. Now there's 240 or something like that.
Well my bid didn't get me a newer cat so Im stuck on my D7E for now
The one 7hlgp that I though was the nicest out of the ones that I would've wanted actually sold the cheapest. Sold for just over 70,000 I believe. Can't remember the lot number for sure seems to me it had a 25 in it. Had a winch on the back. Most everything brought good money I figured. Everything was pretty much on par or slightly above what it had been selling for. Watched a very nice d7g sell here locally today for 75,000. Had a few hours on it but had been well cared for and mostly all new u/c and a fresh paint job. Even the owners hired man figured it was a high price but a good price for the seller of course.
Just looked back 2725 was the one I thought looked pretty decent. Was just curious if you had looked it over or not. 1991 D7H LGP with posibly 7980 hours which I doubt is correct.
I was looking at 2719 it had a lot of work done to it, I wanted one with a ripper
That was a nice looking one too. Figured with the newer year and what looks like basically new u/c it would go up pretty good.
If I didn't have so much unsold grain I would have bid one more time on it at 87500 but ive learnt its always easier to buy than sell