The bearing holding the pinion shaft broke in my old komatsu wa 120 a few months ago. I need to get it back in action now again . If I remove the axle off the loader, is there crowds who specialise in these and able to take it apart and replace the parts I need. Or would they need the actual loader as well? I presume it will all.need to be reset? Is it wear in the Ujs that could cause this bearing to go or pinion wear or what?
Yes wear in a uni joint could cause bearing failure. Could also be caused pinion nut coming loose or a damaged seal letting in water and contaminates. Sometimes s-it happens and bearings fail. The repairer should not need the whole machine. Provided that there is no damage to the crownwheel or pinion, Just drop the centre out and take it to any half decent fitter and they will slap in some bearing and seals, set up tooth contact and backlash and you will be on your way.