Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bearing Press

Bote · 2024-03-01 16:48

Got an opportunity to buy a bearing press cheap. I’ve never really had much use for them as a lot of stuff was too big to situate in the press. Anyone use one for pressing out bushings? I’m thinking it’ll just take up floor space in my shop and collect dust

Replies8
  1. #1thepumpguysc2024-03-01 18:11

    If it’s cheap enough, buy it and resell it. Do u have any truck shops around.,?? How about a truck stop with a “mechanic on-duty”.. Good luck

  2. #2NH575E2024-03-01 18:30

    I was fighting with some spindle bearings a while back and saw a sale on the HF press. Made room in the garage for it and have found use for it twice since doing the job I bought it for.

  3. #3Old Doug2024-03-01 20:16

    I use the crap out of mine and have a lot of different fixures for it I have even split some firewood in it for the shop stove. Nothing aginst you but if you dont know you probably won't use it.

  4. #4eKretz2024-03-01 22:54

    Very useful for straightening also. I have both an arbor press and a hydraulic press.

  5. #5thepumpguysc2024-03-02 00:12

    I have a #3 arbor press from Northern Tool & use it almost daily.. well worth the money..

  6. #6HarleyHappy2024-03-02 11:32

    Put it on a cheap Harbor Freight moving dolly, makes it movable. Keeps it out of the way.

  7. #7Bote2024-03-10 13:57

    I bought it. It came with about 50 discs in 1 mm increments. I've already used those twice with my arbor press.

  8. #8eKretz2024-03-10 14:46

    Good move if you work on things. Thinking further on the subject, I actually have several arbor presses. Forgot about the little ones I use on a desktop in the basement workshop (#0).