Does any body have ther dump bed lined? If so what do you think about it? I am asking because I am having a dump body made for my roll off and with a roll off you don not have the same dump angle so any thing that will help from a load sticking and from the box getting beat up will help.
I use to spray bedliners and i can tell you that the stuff isnt indestructable. I wouldnt waste the $$ on a rolloff box unless you were to dedicate it to something that like a fine aggregate, bark, yard waste or something like that. Concrete, steel and construction material will cut or tear the liner so you will always be paying for repairs and something dropped into the box will still dent it.
Nac, check out the last post in this thread.
Never used them but have seen them work. They work really well. The contractors that haul the overburden at our quarry have the poly liners in their Cat 773 haul trucks and their beds are always spotless. These are probably 1/2 inch thick but i'm sure they make thinner ones for smaller trucks. There is a company that comes out and installs them. They use some sort of glue to put them in and they seem to hold up well. Next time they come out here I'll find out some more info.
bed liners We have some dumps that are lined. We lined them (a vendor lined them for us), so we can haul asphalt at a lower temp. The liners hold up fairly well. When not hauling blacktop, they transport rocks and what ever else fits in a dump truck. When hauling asphalt sometimes the bottom gets wavey. Material does stick in the corners, but is easily removed. Just my .02 cents
does diesel fuel only work for HMA?
What is HMA? Fuel oil is not an approved release agent for blacktop, if that is what you are reffering to.
Depends on the liner rating If your liner is rated for polymers (meaning rubberized asphalt like 858 Superpave, and the 442 Type II) then there should be no problems with those hotter materials. Quicksilver is one liner that advertises its asphalt durable! I drive for a paving company, and we do NOT have our beds lined! I have seen some companies that do run a liner, and the liner is shot in 1 season. I don't know the manufacture, yes that is with hot rock! If you do decide to line your roll off, do the whole bulk head, and back about 1/3 of the side to the top. For the last 2/3's about 24" for the center 1/3, and 12" for the last 1/3 to the tail gate! As far as getting the polymers out of the bed, NOTHING works, release agent at the plant don't work, diesel don’t work, and soap power don’t work. A hot load of binder (301) or 2 is the best thing to get your bed clean, with a couple squirts of diesel between each one.
Unless I'm mistaken, that's just an abbreviation for Hot Mix Asphalt.