May be taking on a job clearing an old stump pile and stand of bamboo where there is known to be wasps. A year ago I was overcome with a small swarm of wasps near the property while bush hogging. Would using a machine with an enclosed glass cab provide protection from a swarm if I ran into a nest? If it keeps them away from me, I could keep working until done, shut the machine down and read a book until it cooled off and the bees calmed down and left the scene. The stump pile is huge as is the bamboo stand. No burning is allowed in the county, so it's either do this now or maybe wait till next winter. So will an enclosed cab be enough to keep the stingers away?
With a good working Ac, in a word, Yes. As for any ground men, not so much.
Make sure the air has a cabin air filter that fits well. I would also duck tape a piece of window screen over that air intake. Lastly make sure the cab is well sealed. Are you allergic? How long should the job take? Is getting stuck a chance? Rolling over?
YUP !!! Without a Doubt the closed in cab WILL work !!! …… been there done that, and it was not intensional ….. found a Huge Hornets nest in a big 'ol Fir stump, you know the big Black Hornets about 2" long ones ….. they come outta that stump some P*ssed Off …. didn't take them long that they figured out that the cab was the source of the Boom control ….LOL… they flew right at the glass hitting it like a BB gun …..100's of them ….. LOL ….. Boy were they MAD !!! …. all the time I was doing the "Nah Nah …. Nah Nah …. Nah Nahhhhh !! …… followed with the raspberries sound …. haha !! ….. YUP-YUP the closed cab WILL Work !! …..ahhhh those memories
haha! Love it. Sounds like I'll be A-OK.
I hope these wasps/bees don't block your engine air filter
Works great. We clean up dump sites and the wasps love those for some reason. Cabs are the ticket to the event.