Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Beginners Luck

DPete ยท 2010-10-21 13:14

Just finished the 1st phase of my first base rock job, amount bid 4520 ton amount delivered 4513 ton whew , the trucks had a 2 hour loop so the material was high @ $366 a load so being off is deadly. Math is good, figured 5% extra to compensate for moisture weight.

Replies6
  1. #1heavylift2010-10-21 14:44

    7 ton.... now you have money left over for BEER good job... your better put that calculator in a safe place...

  2. #2RonG2010-10-21 17:04

    It always made me feel good when the boss told me how close I was to what he figured the job for.I enjoy finish work.Ron G

  3. #3ddigger2010-10-21 18:23

    Well Done!

  4. #4JDOFMEMI2010-10-21 19:22

    Says 2 things. Your math was good, and your finish was excelent.

  5. #5DPete2010-10-21 19:49

    Thanks guys but all I really did was calc the Sq Ft. The formula I had and Topcon did the rest, we used the topcon on the sub grade as well as finish rock. I like the work it uses much less fuel than bulking dirt and is easy on equipment and since I was on the water truck part of the time I never got my azz chewed for getting it to wet

  6. #6Dozerboy2010-10-26 19:13

    Damn good job:notworthy