Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Belarus 825

celticcrusader · 2009-08-25 21:24

picked up a belarus825 4x4 tractor 385hrs. at auction this spring fixed some small problems and have run it all summer for hay operation with no problems. I am suprised how good it is on fuel for a 80hp. 4x4 tractor. it is simple to fix parts are shipped in in 3days from mn. a little clumsey in tight spots, brakes could be better , a no frills but not bad tractor in my opinion.

Replies52
  1. #1roddyo2009-08-25 22:10

    Belarus They are an awsome tractor for feeding hay in the winter.

  2. #2AndyGrevis2009-08-31 04:40

    I believe those are export versions of Belarus tractors with bigger cab and better quality components and assembly than their regular counterparts from Belorussia. Its interesting you mention lower fuel consumption, as i was always under impression that they consume more given that its basically 50 year old design, thou yours most likely is turbo. Just watch out for leaks and engine/gearbox joint bolts and you should be good. Post a pic later

  3. #3tripper_1742009-08-31 22:54

    I'd rather have a 1965 4020 JD than a Belarus of any vintage. Way handier, easier to get parts for and a lot more dependable even when it's 40 plus years older! Guys bought them for a spell in my area but gave up on them as they were just to much grief. Pourous castings, things falling off, parts hard to come by, just not worth the alleged savings in the initial purchase!

  4. #4bill onthehill2009-09-01 06:12

    They got around good in snow and that was about all. They don't take the abuse of normal farming work and parts are a total pain.

  5. #5stock2009-09-01 15:42

    has that got the front wheel assist drive going down the king post?? If I recall the gear lever requires you to rotate the gear lever for some selections... Watch the starters on them as they are of poor construction and most of them here had a replacement lucas fitted.

  6. #6stumpjumper832009-09-05 09:32

    dad has a 420a 4x4.... its about 60 hp. As for fuel it does ok. Centerfuge oil filter isnt a bad idea. Air cooled in the winter is cause the blasted thing will not start and you can't plug it in. Their 4x4 does good going foreward but is useless going down hill. I saw what my dad paid for his back in '88 and he can't get half that now. If he had bought a case ih, or deere, he could have sold it for the same or more than he bought it for... Right now it sets in the shed and dad uses an ih 966 for almost all of his field work, 1/3 - 1/2 again bigger , but it has better visibility, turns tighter, shifts easier, and doesn't really use any more fuel, starts in the winter too. Basically although the International is 18 years older, it still works better.... If he only would have bought a mx 100 instead of the belarus...

  7. #7roddyo2009-09-06 08:37

    The 825 was tops IMO. Just to be clear, I hated trying to do any work with one. They worked good feeding hay in the winter. With a block heater and glow plugs they would always start down here. Course if we got below 0 in would be a record. They worked real good pumping water also. One 825 with a 4 to 1 overdrive on the PTO would replace 2 or 3 power units row watering beans and corn.

  8. #8td25c2009-09-06 13:29

    I have a customer that has a Belarus about the same size as yours.He likes it.They are an interesting tractor from the Soviet Union.All the drain & check plugs ,check pionts are painted white.I think the only filter it has on it is the fuel filter.The engine oil gets filterd by a "cyclonic"type screen and slings the debris against the wall of a canister.So you pull the canister off & scrape out the crud with your pocket knife and check the screen.I thought it was kind of a neet idea being there is not a "NAPA" parts store on every corner in Russia so they kepped the tractor simple in design yet effective kind of like an ak 47 rifle.Good old Russian ingenuity I guess.I you cant get an oil filter ,then make an engine that dosent need one.Pretty neet.

  9. #9AndyGrevis2009-09-07 05:34

    one thing to keep in mind that almost all engines of russian farm tractors of the era got oil *separators*, probably due to two key reasons - very low oil quality, and parts availability. there is one more filter btw, in hyd tank on the return line.

  10. #10Timo2009-10-27 19:31

    An old topic, I know, but still, gotta say it. The Belarus has its problems and all, but basically, it gets the job done. Has for a number of years. IMHO MTZ-50 and -52 are really beautiful machines. The only thing I don't like is that they are started with a pony engine instead of a common starter. Nevertheless, I would like to own one.

  11. #11Dane2009-11-05 15:17

    not all of the belarus tractors have pony engines. i used to work for a Belarus Dealer, and i liked the tractor, it is a good cheep to run machine, and will provide years of service, provided you treat them well, and have one experienced operator running the machine. i really like there method of oil cleaning, i want to take a centripcal oil filter off a belarus and retofit it to my pickup truck, never have to buy an oil filter again.

  12. #12Komatsu 1502009-11-06 10:24

    I don't think there are very many fans of Fiat cars here but they did had a centrifugal oil filter on their sedans back in the 60s. It was in addition to a reg. filter. It was in the crank damper and required cleaning, I think every third oil change. I always thought it was a really clever idea but I suppose they quit because people would just neglect to service it or didn't even know it was there.

  13. #13#12Caterpillar2009-11-22 13:42

    We have two Belarus's down on the ranch don't quit remember the sizes for shur they were both bought brand new and have an outstanding number of hours on them now. one of them you could not start in the winter to save your life:Banghead and the other one we take down on the river to feed out our loose hay with and it will start with a little shot of candy :ban when nothing else will even turn over it also helps to change the engen oil out to a 10w in the late fall to. They are relitivly easy to work on but it seems to be an act of congrass to get parts for them. I had a guy tell me that a Belarus was like a bic lighter (you use it for a time then through the dang thing away) I think he hit the nail on the head with that! Overall they are a nice machine but not built to handel everyday use year round the biggest problem we have is we break at least one front spindel and rip the center out of the front rim a year. ointhead We just had to learn to keep one of each on hand.

  14. #14farmerleach2009-11-22 21:26

    those Belarus tractors are something else. you either love them or hate them. The guys around here that have them seem to like them, cheep tractor, good on fuel, reliable, and simple to work on. I helped a friend change the head gasket on the engine in his Belarus. The service manual was rather difficult to understand, being that it was translated directly from Russian to English. The head gaskets are twice as thick as any gasket in a NA or European engine. I guess thats to make up for the machining groves in the head and block. They might be a little rough around the edges, but they get the job done.

  15. #15stock2009-11-22 22:21

    I remember doing a head gasket on a Gardiner engine and it took two of us to place the gasket it was so thin.that engine went back to work and as long as I can remember it was never opened again.If memory serves me correct it went to India afterwards,was one beautiful engine could balance a coin on the rocker cover when it was running.

  16. #16OneWelder2009-11-23 16:31

    The few Belarus tractors I have seen had air cooled Dietz engines

  17. #17icestationzebra2009-12-07 13:56

    "i want to take a centripcal oil filter off a belarus and retofit it to my pickup truck, never have to buy an oil filter again. 10-27-2009 06:31 PM" That's because your engine won't last long enough. The typical engine oil filter, depending on quality, will remove most of the particles 20-40micron and larger. To get that with a cyclonic "filter" you would need holes smaller than 0.0017" (or 325 mesh), which I really doubt the Belarus has. The Belarus engine was designed with loose fits, your truck engine was not. ISZ

  18. #18stock2009-12-07 15:19

    You my man are inaccurate with that statement because I rightly or wrongly believe you may have little or no experience of this type of filter set up. The filter cleans with centrifugal force,caused by the rotor spinning at a very high speed.The heavier particles in the oil are thrown with such force that they stick to the rotor housing and can be a pure pig to get out. In my extensive experience of being on the spanners,I would have to say it is the best filtration system I have come across.Where it was fitted to an engine that I rebuilt I can say with out reproach that they were the cleanest engines internally,they leaked like sieves because there was no tar to close any minor gap on a seal or gasket. As they had to be cleaned every item that was heavier than the oil was in there,steel bearing metal etc etc,consequently one gained a good idea of how the engine was wearing. What let this type of equipment down was the quality and tolerance of the materials used and they way that nothing changed,bear in mind that these filters were used in the sixties,and I saw a recently manufactured 5cyl diesel with one not to long ago. If I was out in the sticks I would sooner one of these filters on my engine than your disposal cartridge type,no spares required and a cleaner engine to boot.

  19. #19icestationzebra2009-12-08 03:02

    Well, before I shoot of my mouth again I did some research. Looking at your picture and what I found online they are different than what I thought they were. While there are a lot of good comments and recommendations from engine manufacturers, I didn’t find too much solid engineering data. - I couldn’t find any micron or efficiency ratings. There is a lot of emphasis on soot in the 0.5-1.5 micron range. The Mann+Hummel, Spinner II, and Cummins/Fleetguard literature all reinforce this. (and the soot problem continues to get worse as diesel emissions are tightened) A Cummins product training document states that the range of particles their filter is effective in removing can be changed by slightly modifying the design. - "The heavier particles in the oil are thrown with such force that they stick to the rotor housing and can be a pure pig to get out." I am slightly surprised can get enough particles to initially stick to the bowl to get the “dirt mass” started. Yes there is centrifugal force, but there is also a lot of oil trying to wipe it off. I think this is why I couldn’t find any hard data on the filtering effectiveness; the small particles get “stuck” on the sub-micron roughness while the bigger particles tend to get washed away by the oil flow. - It appears that many of them use some type of mechanism to keep big chunks of the “dirt mass” from breaking loose and entering the turbine area, probably when it is shut down or you hit a big bump. Your picture shows a type of dam while another type shows a screen. Mann+Hummel allude to this in their literature. – The “internal rib plastic rotors ensure that all of the oil and hence the contaminant is rotating at the same speed as the rotor.” These are not recommended for boats, probably because the wave action dislodges the particles or upsets the oil flow in the bowl. - Every one I came across was marketed as a bypass filter only. Either they need the drain line to gravity feed back to the oil pan, or use a source of compressed air to force it back to the pan. It looks like there are good for polishing the oil but not recommended as the only filtration. ISZ

  20. #20#12Caterpillar2009-12-15 21:28

    Just a coment on the cetrifuge oil filter. We use them in conjuction with the reguler oil filters on our natural gas compressors the type we run are Microspin and I do see a benifit to them. We use them on a slip streem so all the oil dose not have to pass through them, you would have to have a Microspin oil centrifuge as big as a house to handel all the oil that gose through a 2,650 Hp V16 White Superior engen. The bigest problem I find is the cleen up the heavy deposits that stick to the inside of the outside cover of the filter. They are about the consistecy of tar and it takes a good deal of solvent and paint scraping to get her back to new conditon but they do offer a paper sheet that is about like photo paper that wraps around the inside of the cover and if you put two of them in there the cleen up is cut in half as the tar is stuck to the paper and not the metal case. I Hope that this link works it is just some info i found ont the Microspin :drinkup http://www.wedlink.net/pages/documents/publications/articlesOnlineViewing/mc42c.pdf

  21. #21dany2009-12-31 07:25

    belarus I bought a new belarus 575 4x4 65pto hp 1991 and later (1996) a used 925 turbo 4x4 95hp. Always be please with these. Both are below 3000hrs. So far both are going strong and no real big problems, only minor things. Recently changed head gasket on the 925 Positive points I find with these tractors 1. very low fuel consumption as compared to any other brands 2. strong torque engine 3. simple mechanics; no electronics 4 reusable/cleanable oil filter 5. parts easily found 6. fun to blow snow with 7. high clearance to go in the forest 8. good visibility for farm work 9 got two tractors below the price of only one equivalent more sophiscated one Negative points. 1. speed not synchronized 2. no power shift 3. nothing automatic 4. no a/c, but here in quebec this is not really a problem we have about 5 days per year when the temperature is really hot 5. not a so good look as compared to american rigs Dany

  22. #22dany2009-12-31 11:00

    belarus Oups!, it is a 572, not a 575. Sorry, its holiday time:drinkup

  23. #23Abscraperguy2010-01-01 04:48

    Is Belarus still being built and if so were can i get info on them?

  24. #24dany2010-01-01 08:02

    belarus In Canada, it seems that it does indeed. Follow this link. It goes to belarus Canada. http://www.belarus.ca/english/welcomei.htm

  25. #25AndyGrevis2010-01-04 05:47

    here is the official Belarus site: http://belarus-tractor.com/en/main.aspx not all will cross-reference, as they used to have different numeration for export markets, it was to my surprise that they started to produce tracked units as well...

  26. #26pilgrim2010-12-02 20:48

    test test

  27. #27Bison2010-12-03 00:28

    I have this old 78 belarus 800(2w dr),15000+hrs on it.starts easy(24v series paralel switch,12 v starter),runs on fumes,never fails The ideal feeding tractor,packs two 6' bales on front and 2 on the rear,plows trough 2' of snow. I only replaced the OEM axle with a cockshutt 1850 wheatland axle cause it kept breaking the king pins

  28. #28Bison2010-12-03 00:38

    There is a dealer in your neighbor hood,in worsley ,wembley or hythe i think

  29. #29HSV1272010-12-05 01:11

    We have owned 5 of them over the years, the old man loves them! Two BX70's and three 952's Clutches don't like too much loader work, gotta love those oil leaks, so called 4WD with a slip clutch in the front driveshaft only works when you don't need it! down pressure on rear 3PL and air compressor are handy. Parts in NZ aren't too bad to get hold of and are generally pretty cheap. Here's a pic of one of our 952's

  30. #30Puffie402010-12-07 20:22

    I have a bit of respect for the Belarus's. Here's our 820 (Castings indicate a 1979 vintage): It was left on the acrage we bought, and it was not exactly in good shape (Only the starter worked, it leaked hydralic oil, was addicted to ether and the brakes barely worked) But I could depend on it starting after priming the fuel system and giving it a boost, and we used it for about a year as a loader tractor. I parked it after our 580B backhoe finally arrived (I was never so happy to have a enclosed cab with a heater again in my life!) But I still want to somehow reward it for being the one POS left on the place that was reliable!

  31. #31Rockyroad2011-12-08 03:42

    I have a Belarus 572, and I think they are good tractors in the right situation. Not something a contractor would want to run all day - but great as a utility tractor around the farm. Yes, the Belarus tractors can be called 'basic' and 'last century' engineering, but that can be an advantage because if you have a few mechanical clues and a workshop manual then you can fix most things on them yourself. There is no electronics or mechanical 'sealed units' that make repairs impossible and expensive.

  32. #32MIG 9202012-02-02 21:17

    We have a MIG 920 Belarus , these are about 5 years old ,and have a synchro box , air con and modern cab , I dont know if they have been sold else where , but has been a good tractor . On the oil filter . I was a tank crewman in the Autralian Army ,at the time we had leopard tanks from germany , they had a certrifcale oil filter on them as well , work really well and that was a flat 10 MTU a very good doesel engine

  33. #33stock2012-02-03 01:53

    Welcome there Mig

  34. #34Mac1020042012-02-05 11:50

    I guess they are better than using a horse or ox to do your work around the farm. I've never heard anything good about them. They are a "primitive" kind of tractor, definitely no frills.

  35. #35funkinalive2012-02-13 04:08

    yes i would agree with this the most. we had a 420 i believe, and apart from its electronics, it was a mechanically reliable tractor. it shined the most in the winter and powering stationary equipment with relatively good fuel economy (depending on work). the things i liked most about it, apart from the oil filter, was the auto decompressor and ability to disengage the hydraulic pump (for cold starts). regardless, you still had to take a flame to the intake to get it running in cold weather. the down force on the 3ph and ground speed pto was unique. dont know about the newer ones but these tractors were hell to maneuver, with little to no ergonomic thought put into them. for productivity I would stick with a more modern tractor, but if the world where to crash tomorrow id be looking for this tractor.

  36. #36Browne2012-02-21 06:00

    that was a good buy, we have a 100hp 4x4 non turbo belarus on our farm, its real easy to fix and very reailable, its a bit big but unbeliveable to pull one day a JD 6920 got stuck in swamp and it failed 2 big tractors to pull it out one was a valtra and the other a john deere, and the belarus managed to pull it out with double wheels(dualies)...

  37. #37MBTRAC2012-05-27 22:48

    Hi - I bought this Belarus 1770 185hp "beast" second hand for just under .AUD$5K & have put around 600hrs+ on it in less than 12months - No breakdowns so far & only maintenance costs have been for oil & hyd filters + $485 for a compressor & regass to fix the A/C. Pro's - Purchased originally with the intent of a fun project for repowering with a Cat & Allison auto combo for field bin haul outs & discoveredafter purchase it ran far too well to bother, in fact runs so well it's been abused for tillage & other generally tractor duties so as not to wear out my newer gear ( JD's, CNH'S & others). - In total its now done 7879hrs & even if was to break "terminally" tomorrow by my reckoning at $10/hr (@ my use of 500hrs/$5K purchase ) less each hr + fuel+basic maintenance it's worked out a damn cheap 185hp tractor (given I'll also get say$500+ for scrap for the China trip if/when it finally dies). - Built like a T34 tank and all steel ( well as close to steel as eastern bloc steel is ) is double+ the normal thickness of modern tractors/ditto for castings ( which seem to be non-dressed sand castings), no plastics/polycarbonates in sight, this thing weight heaps so no need for ballast - Easy to work on, low (make that zero) tech & very basic, no electrics (probably used an abacus at best a slide rule for design/engineering/production rather than a calculator) & the engineering tolerances are measured in inches/feet rather than thou so you don't have to very precise on finding/fitting the original part as virtually anything can be made to fit. - Economical to run sipping fuel & environmentally friendly as it runs on anything (probably because of the tolerances or maybe designed original to run on home made vodka), whilst I wouldn't recommend it we run this on a mix of our "cocktail" of all (screened) waste oil 30/70 diesel (saves money & all the hassle of waste oil disposal) - Has a unique onboard controlled lubrication system which works on the basis of weeping oil from everything & over everything to prevent wear & rust - 4WD strength & capability, the axle are strong enough to tilt the globe on its axis, virtually impossible to bog & easily recovers much larger equipment – for its size the capability of mountain goat with the heart of a bear!! - Starts every time; the starter winds very slowly & long (again complimenting a unique engine design working on the principle of filling the cylinders with diesel to the point of "hydraulic’g", displacing the more common diesel ignition scenario of glow plugs/misting/compression ) with the tractor always firing up after the ritual chant of verbal abuse & one puff of black smoke in salutation to Gorby & maybe other gods of the USSR Con's - Your neighbours will firstly laugh at you for buying a s/h Belarus (but not so much when they're sitting in the paddock waiting for the dealer technician to arrive to reflash the computer on their JD's & CNH's, even less when you are able to "shout" them drinks at the pub with the money you're saving & their laughing all stops when you loan them the Belarus beast to complete their tillage as the replacement ECU still hasn't arrived to mobilise their JD or CNH) - The wiring defies all logic & is a complete mystery, doing away with conventions of + & -'s, & is more like some miniature nuclear powerplant where all you need to do is concentrate on containing the heat & smoke from exposure to the atmosphere (our multimeter has proved useless for diagnostic, probably had a geiger counter included when new in the factory tool kit) - "LOUD" make that VERY LOUD, sounds like God clearing his throat on a bad day, reasonates for miles & requires ear plugs +over ear hearing protection so radio’s/CB’s & the like are superfluous as cab fitment. Subscribes to the screaming GM theory of converting diesel into noise = bulk “grunt” - It's a very "historic & agricultural" tractor, in that it drives/operates extremely “agricultural” and historic as it pays homage in design/ergonomics to the Steam or is that Stone Age? - Require 5 very unique special tools: being sledge hammer, stilson wrench, easy outs, thread locker & occasionally MIG welder. - Try as you might the Belarus beast just won't die, several of our "farmhands" & neighbours have tried their best & been defeated, and nothing short of the tri-combo of a stake through the heart, silver bullet & Viking burial has a chance (& even then I'm sure the beast will rise again like the Phoenix...) Would I buy another S/H Belarus, you bet if ever this one manages to wear out….would I buy a new Belarus, not while you can continue to pick up these rare beasts at give away prices S/H…..we’ve all come to admire this USSR marvel & for all its foibles/idiosyncrasies....it sure aint pretty.... and despite our farmhands treating it like the rejected relative you really only have to tolerate occasionally at Christmas, weddings & funerals.....

  38. #38Bison2012-05-27 23:56

    I bought this 93 belarus 925 last may for $4000.Only 800 hrs on it,been sitting for a year,i needed it today,..it fired up in a split sec. Just like my 78 belarus 820 in the pic a few posts back , still fires up in an instant...over 15000 hrs on it.It just wont die. Nothing wrong with belarus i tell ye Cheap on fuel,easy on the wallet.

  39. #39RobertR2012-06-27 05:49

    Any advice on where did you get your belarus, and a price maybe? Im looking to buy a cheap tractor that could be helpful with my work and I'm looking through belarus tractors category at Mascus, but I haven't yet decided on one. What are other good options besides Belarus? Thanks!

  40. #40Bison2012-06-27 11:54

    Deals like this are few in between,i just got lucky. I had advertized on Kijiji that i was looking for a Belarus . I bought mine from a farmer that had bought a piece of land and the belarus had come with it. The guy only runs JD and just wanted the "belarus junk" off his yard.He had tried to trade it in on a JD,but the dealer told him he didn't want a belarus on the yard. Dealers estimate for value on this particular tractor was between 12 and 15 grand.

  41. #41MBTRAC2012-06-27 19:37

    Hi RobertR, given I am unsure of the tasks, contracting/own use application or size of land you have in mind for your tractor, I''ll base my response on a c.90hp size. If you only have 1 tractor & seemingly have a range of utility/farming contracting tasks (to smaller cultivation up to c.100/maybe 130 acres) I'd broadly suggest suggest power c. 80hp -max.120hp (always better to have a little extra power on hand & stress the tractor less than asking for 100% power too often, but if you solely want to run TPL gear stay @ c.80hp). As initial spec's, let's say:- c.80hp-100hp FWA & Cab Cat 2 TPL (Three Point Linkage) PTO dual speed 540/1000rpm (it'' run everything for bush hogs, augers, tillers, to sprayers) Dual (preferably Triple) Hyd Remotes Swinging Drawbar Loader f/w 4in1 bucket (for multi-tasking) + durable/simple/reliable (so I gather a "new" secondhand tractor & maintenance will be done by yourself ?) The real key for max. versatility of a single tractor is ease of use/maneuverability/adaptability in your operating conditions so you need to work out your priorities:- turning circle ?/ shuttle shift?/crawler gears?/2WD-FWA-4WD?/ROPS or Cab- heater-AC?...etc. So maybe to gauge your needs start viewing s/h:- FWA's Case1690, CIH5130, MF698, MF6130, IH885, IH956,Ford7810, NH7840 2WD's Case1594, Case1690, IH956, MF2640 And whilst I've had several all good experiences with Belarus, you buy cheap S/H, run into the ground & then part out/sell for scrap if anything major goes wrong (as the low purchase price will be recouped quickly in hours worked), as a "sole" tractor I wouldn't necessarily recommneded Belarus (primarily as sourcing/making parts can lead to excessive downtime & compromise your earning capacity). And yes I have excluded Deere's for good reason, in this HP range you'll be pushed to find anything decent s/h as people tend to hang on to them rather than sell a good tractor ( & any good JD will bring an unrealistic premium). When buying S/H seek low hours, though judge hours relative to the overall tractor condition - &, even if you know, ask the owner to show you where to check all the filters, fluids/lubricant points, it's a sure thing if he doesn't know the tractor has had scant maintenance..... Depending on your budget & want something a little more modern/presentable for contracting + durable, reliable & simple, suggest you may want to look at S/H Landini & McCormick(they're keenly priced "Down Under" & I guess also should be,if available, in the USA). I have/do run several & haven't had any drama's with either under heavy usage/abuse (including 3x Landini 95 with FEL's which raked up c.4500-6000hrs without anything other than scheduled servicing), our current McCormick TMax110 has just done 600hrs in 5mths & 2x Landini Powerfarm 110's FEL's are c.800hrs in 6months -we run a diverse range of family farms encompassing mixed/feedlots/cattle-irrigation/cropping-broadacre enterprises with many tractors across various brands from 75-450hp+ ( & a few CUT's/lawn tractors for round the houses). In my experience the Landy's & Mc's are basic but honest rugged "utility" workhorses (not the most ergonomic/nor "flash" with gadgets) which go the distance without major component failures/downtime. Apart from normal maintenance & some trouble with the A/C on one, & a hyd pump failure due to contamination, about the only thing I could criticise is they can both get a little hot under continuous very heavy usage on hot summer 40C+ days Kubota's are another option, but generally are better suited to PTO implements like slashing (i.e "bushhogs" I think you guys call it) & rotary hoes, as they don't hold up as well in heavy tillage drawbar applications like ploughing, ripping, primary cultivation .or repetitive FEL/backblading applications .etc - don't get me wrong Kub's are good tractors too but more biased towards hay making, slashing, vegie/row cropping & in their smaller tractors hobby farming Whilst tractor operating can be fun, it can also turn into a tedious chore if there is no sense of accomplishment after lots of hours keeping the seat warm, so I'd be cautious of going too small (ideally not below 80hp) & lastly remember it is a tool of trade not a toy so don't buy on emotions........

  42. #42Browne2013-10-31 19:12

    hey? where do you get you're parts?...

  43. #43Bison2013-11-01 00:05

    You're in Ireland,..check this one http://www.belarus-tractors.ie/contact-belarus-tractor-dealers-in-ireland/

  44. #44celticcrusader2013-11-01 11:28

    I see you are across the pond , , the dealer I use who has a very big big supply of parts in USA , here is the phone number , 800- 356- 2336 they could ship you anything you need or maybe give you a lead where to find parts in Ireland.

  45. #45dfinch22013-11-29 13:49

    Celticcrusader do you still have the duetz f2l411 engine in your other forum?

  46. #46celticcrusader2013-11-29 19:49

    I sent you a message, thanks

  47. #47MTZ2014-01-02 17:18

    Dear Belarus tractor owners, We would like to advise you that MTZ Equipment Ltd. is the official MTZ (Belarus) tractor distributor in USA and Canada. Full information can be found on our website at http://www.mtzequipment.com You may also locate a dealership closest to you via the dealers' listing on our website - http://www.mtzequipment.com/dealers Please feel free to contact us with all you questions, concerns or spare parts requirements and we will be happy to serve you! With best New Year's regards, The MTZ Equipment Ltd. Team

  48. #48Orville50002015-10-29 09:50

    Hey Bro, Him getting two of these tractors in Jamaica very cheap and want some info on them.

  49. #49celticcrusader2015-10-29 18:18

    If you take care of them and service them ( change oil, filters . grease ) they should serve you well , I do not know about parts supply in Jamaica but in USA parts are no problem, good luck

  50. #50Orville50002015-11-03 16:13

    Ok Thanks alot.

  51. #51hayman2016-06-26 02:01

    For belarus tractor info and help there is belarus tractor talk forum http://www.mtztractortalk.com/index.php

  52. #52oldrusty2022-07-04 20:38

    I just acquired a 1770 Belarus myself and have a few questions to ask someone familiar with a like tractor. any advice you may have would be appreciated also? i am changing the oils and acquiring filters and such. can you tell me if the transmission filter is a washable screen or a paper element? Thanks