Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Boomer 8N

Steve Frazier ยท 2009-08-26 23:50

I went to our County Fair today and a tractor in the tent of the New Holland display caught my eye from across his display area. I thought I was seeing a restored 8N and went for a closer look. As I approached, I noticed the front drive axle and modern tires, what the heck is this thing??? It turns out it's a special edition Boomer 8N in tribute to the original Ford 8N. It's 50hp and is pretty sharp looking. It's kind of neat seeing the retro look extended to tractors.

Replies14
  1. #1oregon96pd2009-08-26 23:58

    thats awesome

  2. #2dirt digger2009-08-27 08:47

    i saw that earlier this year...makes me really wish I still had my original 8N...I could buy this thing and have a little collection

  3. #3Cretebaby2009-08-27 09:34

    I hear they are hard to get. If a gealer ordered any they are sold before they get there.

  4. #4ScottAR2009-08-28 00:56

    That's the one with a CVT trans. Mechanical variable speed... Neat rig...

  5. #5Wallace2009-09-01 16:19

    With a price tag of around $29,000 for just the tractor I can't see how there is that long of a wait??

  6. #6gbdigger2009-09-01 17:08

    Awesome :thumbsup , I wish my Dad was still alive to see this, he was an 8N & 9N nut he had four of them all with some type of mower attached

  7. #7dozerdave2009-09-01 19:34

    Hi Wallace, Any idea how much a 9N cost back then. We had 1 with a belly mower on it. Also pulled a side delivery rake and the Case baler.

  8. #895zIV2009-09-01 19:46

    Here's a couple of the one that is at the local fair here. Sorry they're blurry the digital didn't agree with the conditions apparently.

  9. #9jughead2009-09-01 20:57

    8n 9n i have the manual for an 8n somewhere seems like the price was around 795.00. dont know where it is but will start a search.

  10. #10Hendrik2009-09-03 05:54

    Cute

  11. #11Michaeljp862009-09-03 23:18

    I like the green ones better.

  12. #12Steve Frazier2009-09-04 00:06

    Hence your avatar, lol

  13. #13Michaeljp862009-09-04 01:01

    You got me there. :notworthy The green machines are a little out of my price range at the moment.

  14. #14Cretebaby2009-09-04 09:15

    :notworthy