Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Belaz haul trucks in Oz!

Chris5500 ยท 2009-11-11 06:58

Anyone out there got any info on these in regards to the one's Golding's bought for work at Ensham Coal Mine in QLD? I managed to find a few bits of info on google, mainly saying exactly the same thing, and not what I was after. Here is one of the articles I found. Bit confused at the moment, as it mentions the trucks are the "second biggest in the World and the biggest to be used in Australia so far" so I did a bit of research and thought it may be the Belaz 75600 (the biggest they make) yet the photos I asked Gavin84w for, show a Belaz 75306 which is a 220 tonne (243 ton) capacity truck, and as we know, are not the biggest capacity trucks used in Australia (I know the article is dated 06/03/2007) but even so, larger capacity trucks than this were in operation pre 2007. While we're on the topic, here's the current top 3: ~#1 Caterpillar 797F @ 363 tonnes (400 tons) ~#1 Liebherr T282B @ 363 tonnes (400 tons) ~#1 Terex Unit Rig MT 6300 AC @ 363 tonnes (400 tons) #2 Komatsu 960E-1 @ 327 tonnes (360 tons) #3 Bellaz 75600 @ 320 tonnes (352 tons) Anyway, back on the topic, any info on the Belaz trucks in Oz? Here are the pics, courtesy of Gavin84w:

Replies5
  1. #1Chris55002009-11-11 23:57

    Don't all reply at once!

  2. #2mayrklaus2009-11-12 04:44

    hello from the big one there are 4 running in the kuzbass area in russia.now the are loaded by a 4100xpc. best regards klaus

  3. #3AussieChris2009-11-12 16:07

    I don't know anything about trucks but could I assume that truck would be fitted with duel rear wheels before it goes to work? Chris.

  4. #4alco2009-11-12 19:30

    I love how Liebherr rates their trucks at 400 tons. We have had to derate ours to try and make them last, and even that's not working. Ours are now rated at 340 tons, and they're still falling apart. Pure junk! I've been wondering how the Belaz trucks are doing myself. I wonder if they can get parts for them? That would likely be my biggest fear.

  5. #5Chris55002009-11-13 00:42

    About 2 years ago I remember one of the new 830E-AC's to go to Hunter Valley Operations, a coal mine in NSW, had a Philippi Hagenbach (Not P&H! P&H stands for Alonzo P awling & Henry H arnischfeger) body, built by P&H minepro services, which was oversized (wrong type, for a different truck) and the 1st load it did had in excess of 400 tonnes on!