Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

50’s & 60’s mining equipment

stinkycat ยท 2009-11-07 21:56

In the late 50's I lived in Silver Bell Az and Im' looking for pictures of Euclid double L trucks,also I worked at the old Anaconda Twin Buttes, AZ mine and would like pictures of Cat 779A & 779B electric end dumps, Unit Rig M100's, Cat 666 twin engined scrapers,and Cat Double D 9 push cats

Replies3
  1. #1stretch2009-11-08 15:19

    Do a search for the 666's and the DD9's on the site, there is plenty of pics to go around. Never heard of the 779's.

  2. #2stinkycat2009-11-08 16:39

    Cat 779's Cat 779 electric end dumps were used at Anaconda Mine Twin Buttes AZ,we had about, 20 of them. I left in 69 to return to active duty USN. I had heard that they scraper and replaced by Unit Rig M100's with dd 12-149's and GE motorized wheel system:usa

  3. #3stinkycat2009-11-11 09:56

    The Double D9's were 2 9's connected with a trunion ball and one operator, they were used to push load Cat 666 scrapers removing overburden at the Twin Buttes open mine