Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

bell 850j dozer error code left coil pump open

shingirai ยท 2020-04-12 01:43

i am working on bell 850j dozer when its driving its stops and on the cluster appears stop check service code,and when i check the code it reads the left coil pump open when l am going forward,when going reverse it says the reverse coil pump oil,i cant figure which exactly is the coil because there are many coils.

Replies6
  1. #1mg23612020-04-12 05:26

    Welcome to HEF shingirai ! You say Bell?? I believe it is a Deere with a Bell Paint job? Post a picture of the machine. Real important....need to have the serial number. Also post the specific codes you are receiving.

  2. #2shingirai2020-04-12 06:56

    yes its a Deere with bell paint.at the moment i am not at the machine will sent you serial number.

  3. #3BigWrench552020-04-12 08:34

    I've seen this before. Raise the cab and you will see two pumps in tandem. On those pumps is the coil. If I remember correctly one pump is for the right track and the other for the left. One of the coils is the problem check the wires and ohm your coils. The last time I came across this the wires broke off right at the coil in a manner that it couldn't be repaired. Those coils aren't cheap so I hope you find a bad connection. Good luck and I hope this helps.

  4. #4shingirai2020-04-12 12:13

    Thanks Paul l raise the cab and l disconnect the connector on the coil and l clean and its now working proplerly thanks you guys.

  5. #5Welder Dave2020-04-12 12:45

    Well that almost seemed too easy. I wish my repairs went like that.

  6. #6shingirai2020-04-12 13:05

    Yaaaaa but not always sometimes you win quickly sometimes it takes a time thanks guya