Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bell Equipment- parts supply

Oldboy · 2023-01-23 18:59

Hello We have 2 older Bell B20B articulated dump trucks. 1997 year manufacture I'm looking for a parts supplier anywhere in the world that may carry parts for these older models. Used and / or new. Please drop me a line if you've got some ideas. Thanks Michael.

Replies9
  1. #1Bigbert2023-01-24 03:58

    Hi Oldboy, as far as I remember these trucks were driven by ADE engines (licence Mercedes?) and ZF 6WG180 trannies. Axles possibly Bell itself?

  2. #2mowingman2023-01-24 09:40

    Have you tried contacting Bell, at their main offices in South Africa? They advertise worldwide sales, parts, and service. Sorry I can't be of more help. Also, I believe Bell trucks are also John Deere trucks. Might try a John Deere construction dealer. Jeff

  3. #3Oldboy2023-01-25 04:20

    Thanks Jeff, we have tried the dealer in SA and its a very slow process but not impossible. Ideally id like a more motivated supply company but we will keep looking. thanks for the suggestion regarding the JD people. cheers Michael.

  4. #4Tones2023-02-11 14:45

    Have you contacted Hitachi. I'm sure they have/had an interest in Bell. I'm assuming the link between Hitachi and JD with excavators in the US may also involve these trucks.

  5. #5631G2023-02-12 21:25

    I’ve been and still find myself in your position. Parts for these late 90’s trucks are tough to locate. What I have found is you can source some parts through Deere for common items that match up on the C model Bell trucks. Bell used common parts between models with the 30B and 40C for example which I have in our fleet. Because the machines are built rather simply and used off the shelf parts you can often find replacement parts from Napa etc. If your in need of trans parts etc. I recommend Centranz. They are great with ZF components and rebuilds. For engine rebuilds the engines are MB built under license. WW Williams is a good resource for parts but there are many companies across the US that can help. Worst case call Bell. They can get what you need. It may have to come from South Africa though. So be prepared for a little bit of hurry up and wait.

  6. #6631G2023-02-12 21:28

    Also if your interested and in the SE United States, DM me if you might want to buy our trucks for parts. We have updated to Komatsu trucks and newer Bell’s. We have 1-B25B, 2-B30B’s, 2-B40’s and a B40C.

  7. #7nielv2024-03-18 08:21

    Hi Mowingman. The Bell trucks being John Deere trucks are only true for the D series. They were also branded as Hitachi trucks in Australia

  8. #8nielv2024-03-18 08:26

    Hi Michael. We are based in South Africa, not to far from Bell Equipment themselves. I do a lot of work on the B, C, D and E Series machines as an independent supplier. Expanding to Australia is also on the cards for us some time in the future, but we would be able to assist with your needs as these machines are built in South Africa and shipped out to the rest of the world. Give us a shout...

  9. #9nicste2024-03-18 11:28

    Hi Niel Send your contact details please. We are based in SA