Does anyone know if a rim for a A25C (23.5 R25 tire) crosses over or is the same as others like a deere 250C? Or if the 25D series Volvo rim is the same? I would really like to get a spare rim/tire (checked the local wreckers and no one has anyone A25s that they are parting out.)
Hi There are two A25C rims either with the lock lug or without, same size though just different design, these are the same through the A25C,D,E,F not sure about cross over to other machines, I would doubt it because different manufacturers will have have different offsets and PCDs depending on who makes the axles and what width the mudguards/bodywork is that covers the wheel, shame you are not this side the pond we have plenty for sale.
Thanks Sfrs4! When you say "lock lug" are you referring to multi piece rim?
Or does he mean a pocket for a "driver" that installs between the rim and the bead seat band and which prevents the two pieces moving with respect to one another.? Common in machines that run wide-base tyres and relatively low tyre pressures. See illustration below, Item #5. I thought that those rims were multi-piece (5-piece) to start with but I would stand to be corrected.?
Another thought is that Volvo would not have manufactured the rims and their hardware. A specialized company such as Topy or Rimex would have supplied them as a subcontractor to the OEM. Take a good look at your rims for any sort of distinguishing marks or numbers that could identify them. The Topy logo is often the name stamped inside a diamond somewhere on the rim, usually on the side facing out when the rim is installed. If you can get the rim manufacturer's reference number that would expand your options of finding one.
Good advice Nige. Unfortunately my truck is up at my minesite 13hrs away taking a long winters nap. This is the best pic I have. It looks similar to your diagram you posted earlier.
Your rims have something similar to what I illustrated above. Not exactly the same but designed to achieve the same objective. The rims in your photo are 5-piece: - rim base #1, bead seat band #2, lock ring #3, and two flanges #4 (one inside, one outside). The manufacturer's details are often located on the rim base outboard of the ring of wheel bolts or on the face where the #1 is in the illustration below. Be careful asking just for "a rim" because that might only get you the rim base and not the other 4 pieces. A "Wheel Rim Group" or a "complete rim assembly" would likely get you what you are looking for.
Awesome! Thanks again Mr Nige!
Sorry I was asleep, so you have the lock lug less version, Nige is right with the description of what the lock lug version is, and also yes always ask for a rim assembly as some people class the rim as the main section not the whole lot together.
Indeed ... I ordered an extra rim for my 966C from Cat. My wife went to town to pick it up (600 mile round trip). I was very unhappy when she came home with only the base rim! Got ahold of Cat to voice my frustration and they replied " you didn't order the complete rim assembly" ! Lesson learned but I was still unhappy the parts people did not inquire if I wanted the complete assembly just to make sure !
Oh man, that is the worst.....
That's where it pays to know the difference between a "Rim Gp" (5/6 pieces) and a "Rim As" (1 piece).