Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Belt tensioner

Old Doug ยท 2015-01-24 19:52

I havent felt the best but today i had to replace the water pump, belt tensioner and thermosta on a cummins in a small KW. Like i said i didnt fill good so i dont know what cummins it was but is there any thing special about replaceing the tensioner. It had one bolt and a pin to locate it.

Replies2
  1. #1lantraxco2015-01-25 14:34

    All of them I've ever done were like that, just slap it on, only one way it fits right. Reef it over with a ratchet to get the belt on?

  2. #2Old Doug2015-01-29 13:00

    I ask about this because the new one didnt act like it was doing much and i thought maybe there was something special about puting it on. The truck has been on the road every day and it is working ok.