Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Help with choosing a diagnostic tool

fcampelog ยท 2015-01-24 07:33

Hello Folks, I am an independent Heavy Diesel engine mechanic. At the moment I am trying to find a multi brand (general) diagnostic tool that would work for any heavy diesel (heavy trucks) engine for the best value. All information and suggestion are very wellcome. I have a small business repairing trucks. Regards, fcampelog

Replies10
  1. #1nowing752015-01-24 18:39

    It seams the truck world is not like the automotive where you can get one tool to do it all. If your good with computers there is a lot of manufacthe softwere you can download cheap.

  2. #2lilb932015-02-04 18:11

    This is the CATS MEOW.. I have one and you can do anything you want. change HP YEP... http://poconos.craigslist.org/tls/4834568915.html

  3. #3ohiofleet2015-02-04 18:25

    I have a prolink IQ works good just no cummins specific programs I also have a lot of dealer programs this is the best but pricey I have talked to a guy that has jpro and loves it

  4. #4Birken Vogt2015-02-05 21:08

    How long does it go on working before programs expire, etc.?

  5. #5lilb932015-02-05 21:21

    Have it for over 18 months never expired that what he told me will never expire.

  6. #6fcampelog2015-02-06 13:47

    Thanks! I was thinking of XTool PS2 Heavy Duty Truck Professional Diagnostic Tool. Any thoughts on this machine?

  7. #7nowing752015-02-06 16:06

    Cat et and cummins insite are cheap and say to get online. Epcatalogs has them and will install them remotely for you.

  8. #8lilb932015-02-06 17:16

    No matter what software you choose, Just remember the cost for the cables. Some get real salty. Jpro prices http://www.uniquetruck.com/p-14101-...iateID=10056&gclid=CPzbwImszsMCFZMvgQodbW4AxA

  9. #9jbird1223652015-02-21 09:43

    www.dieselscantool.com

  10. #10Catback2015-02-22 09:17

    I have the Pro-Link IQ. Excellent tool. Use it for Cats and Detroits. It works on others as well, but those are the only engines I have in my fleet (other than Perkins).