Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bend over and touch your toes if you need fiberglass parts for an ASV

Stroker ยท 2008-05-13 13:55

Busted the hood beyond repair on my ASV RC100. For no bigger than it is I didn't think it would be a big deal to get a new one. I thought wrong. Just the bare hood, no screens, no graphics, no hood supports or hardware... $659!!!!!!! I could buy 2 fiberglass hoods for a car less than that. Gotta love owning equipment!

Replies5
  1. #174inchShovel2008-05-13 22:43

    Honestly, I'm surprised its so little. Kudos to ASV for seeing this problem and going with steel hoods for the new PT series. ( except the PT 30)

  2. #2Digdeep2008-05-13 23:10

    ASVs new steel hoods for the PT100 should be retrofittable to the older RC100s.

  3. #3Stroker2008-05-14 16:43

    Nobody understands more than me how expensive it seems like everything is for equipment. But still, $659 for no bigger than that little hood is, and bare at that. Doesn't even include shipping it here. I couldn't bring myself to order it and pay that much. So my project this Friday will be seeing if I still have any fiberglass repair skills left over. If it comes out ok, I will post pics.

  4. #474inchShovel2008-05-14 18:58

    I know the pain. Every time I turn around there is a hand in my pocket. I salute you for fixing the old one, there used to be something in this country called " American Ingenuity ". Long gone, along with our work ethic.

  5. #5KSSS2008-05-14 22:04

    Well the Japanese have the hand in the pocket thing figured out as well. My operator lost the fuel cap on the TK153 and guess how much for a fuel cap? If you guessed $65.00 you would be correct.:Banghead