Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Benford 2 Tonner TT2000 – Brake issues

josh_za ยท 2024-10-27 08:05

Hi All, new to the forum... I've just acquired a Benford 2 Tonne 4WD dumper for DIY work on the farm (lifestyle, I don't expect to actually farm as it's in the mountains). No nameplates at all and I assume it is a 2 Tonner TT2000 from looking around on the interwebs and photos etc. I bought it sight unseen and had it dropped off. It starts and rides and tips etc. There's however no brakes, so I couldn't take it up onto the farm or use it and I left it on the flat ground at the bottom of the farm. 1. Foot brakes. The brakes are only on the front axle (no optional rear brakes). The pedal is so hard that although the brakes slightly apply they don't really work. If you stand really hard on them they slightly work but the pedal hardly moves - what's the likely issue? 2. Handbrake. From what I can work out from the manuals and picture online this unit uses a transmission brake which should be connected by a cable to a lever on top of or next to the diesel tank. The actual lever is completely missing without any evidence of it though the brake linkage on the transmission drum is there (see attached photos). It is possible where the ignition currently is (next to the tipper lever) that the brake attachment used to be there? There is also a small plate next to the raised part where the ignition is that could be for the brake lever. I'd appreciate any hints on the setup from someone with the same unit or experience with it where this lever should go or be attached. Thanks in advance!

Replies0

No replies yet.