Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bent Mounting Plate

rms2 ยท 2022-10-22 14:45

Just wondering if anybody has managed to realign a tweaked mounting plate? I was using my Loflin narrow stump/digging bucket and managed to bend the quick tach mounting plate on my New Holland C190. It's not off by much, about 1/2", but enough that the tip of the shoe on the right won't fit in to the top attachment plate V far enough to be able lock in the attachment. That's some pretty thick steel and I'm sure the only way to do a realign, if it's even possible, will be with a hydraulic press. My dealer said they can try but I'm wondering if I should just go straight to purchasing a new mounting plate? Best price I can find is $1000 at allskidsteers.

Replies2
  1. #1skata2022-10-25 10:54

    Those bend real easy. But it's also real easy to fix. Put a block of wood on the longer tilt cylinder, while slowly tilting the plate up. Will bend it back even.

  2. #2skata2022-10-25 17:02

    Actually I misspoke. Put the wood block on the shorter tilt cylinder..