On my 450G theres some pretty new,little if any wear but I dont have the measurement here, Berco tracks that were on the machine when I got it it seems theres 2 links that are a few feet apart that have seized.They are free from any crap that might cause this I gave them a heavy shot of PB 2weeks ago and they have been sitting since.Ill be back up there thursday and would like to address this issue.Any thoughts on what to do?
We come across this quite a bit. Usually the cause if from sitting too long. If they don't come loose you might have to cut them apart and replace the pins and bushings that are siezed. Sometimes running the machine will help loosen them. You might put a board under the siezed pin and bushing and force them to move. It also might help if you park the machine in a water hole over night. Good luck, QuickTrax
Are these SALT tracks? If so you have a problem. What your are describing is called bridging and it used to happen a lot on gray market excavators. I've never seen it on dozers and I would recommend you contact the nearest Berco dealer and question them on it. Since you bought the machine and not the tracks you might get told to pound sand, but then again they might be able to help you. It doesn't hurt to ask. Good Luck!
you cak links with diesal fuel and they may loosen up
I replaced a set of rails on an excavator several years ago and I believe they were Berco. They were very stiff and always binding up. The salesman told me that they had made a bunch of rails with clearances that were to tight. No place for the wear particles to go so they just built up in the bushng/pin area eventually causing binding. The owner ran the rails for awhile and ended up eventually replacing them.
Had this happen to my HD16 but instead of just a couple of links it was about 80-90% of them never did fix it wasnt worth the time and money. still running that way but now thw the bushings are turning in the rail. dont figure them to last much longer. We baught them that way when I was just a little kid, didnt know what I was looking for at the time. The Guy that sold them to a poor deffenceless old woman (my mother) is is Randy Sealy owner of Seaco equipment. He sold them to us as 90% rails. Real upstanding guy lol
I bought a D4H and it came with a Berco bottom. I replace six (6) idler's on it due to bearing failure. Bit the bullet and replace all 4 with Cat and never had a problem since. I must say Berco warrentied them but not the labor, or grief.