I know there’s no such thing but due to the area I’m in the three below have the best coverage for parts & service BOBCAT (35E)– built in the USA with the worlds parts CAT (303C CR -2012) (303E CR, 304E CR 2013)– working with Mitsubishi & or Yanmar build with CAT specs. Will have a plant up and running this year in the USA DEERE – (35D – 2012) (35G - 2013) working with Hitachi Construction Machinery. Moved to Mexico from Canada, Will also have a plant up and running this year in the USA Basic requirements: • Dig Depth 11’-12’ - foundation repair, water & sewer work. • ZTS & under 6’ wide - small enough to work in tight areas like between homes, utilities etc. • Hyd. Thumb –work with heavy boulders, stone work & demolition. • Aux. Hyd. To run tools like an auger, hammer or plate tamper, etc.. • Quick coupler • Cab with AC & Heat. If you work in cold climates a cab is a must. • Easy access to everything that can break • Plus all the other stuff, fuel, noise, expense of owning. resale
With a cab, long stick, 3 buckets & hyd. thumb they are all around $50k-60K great warranties & financing. I was ready to buy the 303C then the "E" series came out (due to tipping/stability CAT said) With CAT's E series introduction the 303E does not meet the 11'4" depth. You need to move to the 304E to get the depth but it is over 6' wide & 5-8k more. DEERE’s specs are the same from the 35D to the 35G. It like the CAT now has more electronics and displays to show & control the machine & attachments. Most of the specs are close except for the 304 which has allot more hyd. Power from what I’ve seen across the board. It’s the extra width that’s makes it a tough decision. This will not meet all my requirements as a midsized mini. I own other CAT equipment and have always been happy with the equipment and support the dealers give me which makes me a little partial to them. I’ve run and like the DEERE 35D but not the BOBCAT 35E yet.
Look up the specs of the CAT 303.5 c cr? It's the size of the 303 and power of the 304. Best of both. I run a 2008 that has appx. 2100 hrs. With no problems so far.
MGSL: Given the choices you've posed, I would lean Cat also. But regardless, I would urge you to consider a quick coupler from Werk-Brau called a Klac, either mechanical or hydraulic. It is very close coupled so you don't increase you're tip radius & thereby lose breakout force. On a small machine in the 35 class, every bit of breakout force is valuable. I have a mechanical Klac on my Kobelco/New Holland EH80, & I love it. Check the Klac out at http://www.werk-brau.com/attachment-products/74