Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Best 315 quick couplers? and how much?

Canadian_digger ยท 2008-11-24 20:15

Hello. I am looking at buying a Cat 315CL but it does not have a quick coupler. What brand coupler would you guys suggests getting, and what kind of money could I expect to pay for one?

Replies6
  1. #1CascadeScaper2008-11-24 20:50

    Hydraulic or manual? Wedge lock or pin grabber? I like PSM or HPF wedge lock couplers. For pin grabbers, Esco, Hendrix, and CWS produce nice units.

  2. #2dayexco2008-11-24 20:58

    hands down.....jrb rotolocs

  3. #3CascadeScaper2008-11-24 21:01

    I knew I was forgetting one. I've never used the Rotoloc couplers but I've seen them in action, they do seem to be the best out there given their design. My only complaint with Esco is that they tend to hang up once they get older, at least that's been my experience. Other than that, the profile of the Escos is good and they seem to be built ultra heavy in case you decided to pop the bucket off and do some heavy lifting.

  4. #4brandt pc4002008-11-24 21:10

    I like jrb wedge. It is relly fast when laying pipe

  5. #5Canadian_digger2008-11-24 21:34

    I would be fine with a manual pin grabber. Any ball park what one would cost?

  6. #6dayexco2008-11-25 09:45

    we run our trench box approx 1' off the invert elevation of the pipe. we run 3' spreaders on our box, dig with a 54" bucket.....final foot we put on a 24" bucket and dig inside the box. saves a LOT of bedding material for backfilling the pipe, plus you eliminate the possibility of your aggregate rolling your pipe joints apart as you pull your box ahead. with the rotoloc coupler, it allows you to grab other manufacturer's attachments. we have a 690 ELC deere, a 210 hyundai -7, and a 210 case....the rotoloc allows us to use all the other buckets, compactors, etc.