Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Best 84″ single drum roller

72V ยท 2007-10-07 11:58

Based on your experience: What is the best 84" single drum vibratory roller on the market today (new)? What is the best value in a used 84" single drum vibratory roller (with say 5000 hours, or 10 years old), all things being equal? My suggestion for the -new- category... Cat 563E. My suggestion for the -used- category... ?????

Replies4
  1. #1mxsledder2007-10-07 19:49

    The cat and ingersollrand are close, were getting a new sd-100d mainly because there much cheaper than cat

  2. #2surfer-joe2007-10-07 23:22

    Current Cats are very good, they have come a long way since they bought out Raygo and CMI. IR's are good, but the Bomag's are better. In fact, I believe the Bomags are better than the Cats. I always had a lot of trouble with Hysters and Dynapacs. Don't like the Hamm's either or the Jap models.

  3. #3CascadeScaper2007-10-08 01:47

    I ran a larger Sakai, I'm pretty sure it was an 84" model. I'd never run a roller before, I guess it did alright. The ergonomics of the machine weren't the best, that's my only complaint.

  4. #4Squizzy246B2007-10-08 07:28

    http://www.constructionequipment.com/article/CA6466786.html