I know most guys don't need a back up camera. But I want one anyway! If you have one that works well, what brand and model and where did you mount the camera? This will go on the back of the dump box. I work in residential areas with dead end roads, narrow roads, tight access, and city streets. I also pull at times a large construction trailer. Mostly looking for obstructions wide view camera depth perception. Might also be good to help hitching up. I work by myself, so having an employee guide me is not option. Where to mount the camera, wired or wireless, and where to put the monitor. Thinking about 7" monitor and one camera or two cameras. Not worried about price so much. Prefer plug into cigarette lighter.
I hardwired a single camera to a double din stereo that I mounted in the Ford for that purpose. It is tucked up under the edge of the bed, and does get dirty when it's raining out. Very handy for hitching I have a couple of different trailers with different looks.
TADI Brothers wireless.
I went to the Tadi web site. So many choices! Where do you mount the camera. The truck has a highlift gate? Does anyone ever mount one in the middle of the gate towards the top with a heavy duty weld on top protective cover shield plate?