Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

MX13 engine light. truck I would like to purchase

Canadian_digger · 2021-04-25 19:19

I’m interested in this truck that is at my local RB auction. Everything else looks go so far except for the engine light that is on. They provided a diagnostic report. Just wondering how severe of a problem it could be. I don’t mind doing some repairs if the price is right. It would be nice to know what I might be getting in to ahead of time though. I don’t own any equipment that uses def other than my 2019 ram pick up. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. I do plan to go check out the truck in person later this week.

Replies1
  1. #1Coaldust2021-04-25 22:54

    We’ve discussed these in the past. IMO, horrible, horrible engines. Very expensive to repair, very unreliable. It’s difficult to get the engine diag software. The early MX destroyed many owner-ops. You can only purchase parts from KW or Pete dealers. At least with a Cummins, you can buy parts from many places. There is good reason they are cheap and the CEL is always illuminated. Your mileage may vary.