I am now the proud owner of a Cat 966B. It will be a farm machine and I am thinking it would be nice to have a quick coupler system for easy change-over to things like forks, boom, blade, post driver, bucket, ect. Who makes a quick coupler for this application, and what is the best system for me? I have been searching the web and see quite a bit of JRB attachments. Would JRB be a good way for me to go? I want something that has been around for a while so I can find used attachments to purchase. I am a pretty good fabricator so I could probably do some adapting to make a coupler plate fit my machine if needed.
we have jrb's on our loaders, and excavators, we think they're great
+1 for the JRB
balderson/cat style maybe.
I have an ACS quick coupler that also works good for me.
I recommend sticking with a CAT coupler. They are proven to be as good as any other, there are probably more out there than any other (easier to find used), and best of all are supported by your CAT dealer thus making parts/service one stop shopping.
After Cat bought balderson the balderson family started a new business named Dymax. Look up Dymax on the computer, they are still building the same stuff they have for years.
Buffaloman.... Hey shoot me an email if you are still looking for a coupler system. I can get you some information on our Rockland Loader Coupler [email protected] http://www.rocklandmfg.com/loaders/loader_coupler.html AL
I have a cat coupler on a962G Cat and a JRB on a Deere. When it comes time to spec another machine , it will be a JRB.