Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Best CTL? Need reviews on large frame Compact track loaders

guisep3 ยท 2016-02-16 23:49

Advice....Need largest CTL. what's the best on market for my buck. Guys I need help and reviews on which compact track loader to buy. I have a bobcat t300 with 3300 hours and is getting to the point where I'm going to have to put some money into her to keep it going steady.* I have run the Cat 299 and the takeuchi TL 12. Nice machines but the digging and breakout force aren't as strong as my bobcat. I'm very interested in any feedback on the bobcat T870, and the Kubota SVL90 or the new svl95-2. I love kubota mini excavator, but never run their CTL.* Anyone run the new Takeuchi TL12V2? Monster loader with 111hp. Any reviews would be great. Also, if you bought a new machine, what did you pay and where in the country do you live? I'm very curious which machine gets the most bang for your buck? I think the kubota might be one of the cheapest for the most horsepower.* Thanks guys.

Replies6
  1. #1KSSS2016-02-17 00:37

    The TK TL12V2 wont be hitting the street until around April.

  2. #2guisep32016-02-17 02:13

    I called my local dealer today, they acted like I was crazy. Any thoughts on the cost of that beast?

  3. #3CatofAmerica2016-02-17 09:16

    We have a kubota 90 and love it. I have tore down houses with it in an hour or less. It will do a lot of work.

  4. #4HRPServicesTX2016-03-12 14:36

    We also have the Kubota svl90, it's been a heck of a machine, all different kinds of work flawlessly. That tak would be a pretty sweet machine as well. I wonder why they changed the location of the final drives? Wonder if it was from a design standpoint or something else.

  5. #5Helomaniac2016-03-26 06:33

    I bought a new Cat 259 last December. I realize it's mid-size but my comment is relevant to all of their CTL's. I like everything about the machine except the entry door. It is quite annoying to be held prisoner inside the machine until you can return the arms all the way to the ground. The door should roll up like an excavator window. There are times when you would like to leave the machine without returning the arms to the ground, like when the forks holding something as a work bench, or you have to hook a chain around a load etc. it is something to consider.

  6. #6guisep32016-03-26 07:58

    That's a great point. I do a lot of work just as you described with the r arms in the air.