Hello. You might of seen the other two threads I posted, so apologies for the repetition. I work for a digital design agency – we are redesigning the website of a construction equipment manufacturer. We wanted to find out what people thought about some well known equipment manufacturers’ dealer networks – and thought folks here might have some strong opinions. We are looking at folks like: JCB New Holland Volvo Construction Equipment Bobcat Komatsu Caterpillar John Deere So, who has the best dealers? Are they very knowledgeable, very easy to get hold of, do they invite you out to demos of new equipment? If you can tell us what you like, we will do our best to replicate the experience online. Many thanks. InterestedParty.
Hi all I firmally believe CAT has the best all around Dealers and Dealer net work bar None I worked as service manager for CASE BOBCAT AND JOHN DEERE .DEERE close second with dealer support but the magnitude of CAT dealers unreal till you work for one they have there own oil analyis labs service dept with helicopters the list of support in general is great and most dealers have a good training dept There in stock parts ratio way beyond any other products sure overnight these days for all is good but when parts on the shelf when down thats what counts we would have to drive 300 miles to get parts to us when emergency arouse well enough from me thanks the BIG D its like this a contractor friend with 24 cat scraper told me sure others have 1 or 2 top knotch men to ask about problems the CAT dealers shop has a ARMY of specialist thanks
Thanks Big D - that is very helpful. If you have any thoughts on some of the other threads I posted about manufacturer websites and equipments manufactuers in general, I would be very grateful. And if anyone else has any thoughts, please feel free to post them up.
Caterpillar have an unbelievable logistic support network worldwide. Many may have better or worse dealers but they are the long arm of the supply world. Here Down Under most makes do Ok in the Capital Cities...but head bush and you'll soon find out about the meaning of the word "support"......when you hear "oh, it looks like there is one in Singapore...should be here in a week or two" ointhead
Finnings Uk i phoned finnings uk at 3.00 pm on a friday to enquire about two sprocket hub bearings for my 1962 D4c ,i picked them up at 8am on saturday morning they were shipped down from another branch overnight for me :notworthy i have also had great service and help from them in gaining other parts cheers graham
I run a Terex Atlas wheeled excavator and have since 2001 when I bought my first which was a 95 model. If its ordered before midday and its in the UK its on site anywhere in UK by 11 am next day, if it has to come from Germany its the day after, although I have had stuff next day from Germany. I find that pretty impressive, not like I'm a multi million £ customer with a fleet that is due for replacement. I also deal with Deutz and find similar support from them. I have also had parts for my oscillating bucket which is C@t and as Graham found, very good service although a couple of bushes walked over from the States, think they missed a flight and said sod it we'll walk, but they got here, and that buckets about 20yrs old :cool2
Just wanted to say thanks for all the comments here - they are very helpful. I am a little surprised that no-one has replied about websites, though. Do people in the construction busienss just not use the internet that much? Does anyone that you know look online for information about machines, etc?
Welcome to our little corner of cyberspace. Actually I use the internet quite a bit for job leads, my advertising, general business functions, estimating, bidding, etc. I don't believe I have ever used one of my local dealers websites. If we need a part or something we call our guys down at the part counter, they either have it or will the next morning (Cat) and we go pick it up. When I am looking for a new machine, I use their respective websites to start the intial comparison of the machine I am looking at. I also use the ________used.com's that the manufacturers have, sometimes you can get good low hour, later model machines at a 10-20% discount. (well at least here lately) But when it comes down to the brass tacks when picking a machine, you need a key and some diesel fuel.
In my view, I believe that Caterpillar has the best dealership in terms of the professional, service, parts, training etc. I am in China and many of the customers haven't realize the importance of the dealership for a machine, the local brand or Japanese Korea manufacture also have fully dealership coverage but not so professional as CAT.