Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Best electric grease gun for the money

tie_in_man88 ยท 2016-02-03 05:05

How's it going hands? Just joined the forum, and this is my first post. I have seen older posts discussing electric grease guns, but I need more current reassurance. Im about to break down a purchase one. Between Milwaukee, Lincoln Electric, and Dewalt what model is the best choice for the price? Thanks!

Replies28
  1. #1jprefect2016-02-03 06:04

    I bought a Milwaukee last year and love it. Saves enemy more time because it has a pump counter on it and stops at what ever you set it at. Built in flashlight. Plus the batteries are changeable with other Milwaukee products.

  2. #2bam19682016-02-03 08:38

    I have been very happy with my Milwaukee's and have friends with dewalt's that they are happy with. I have had battery issues with lincoln in the past and after using the milwaukee's I wouldn't even consider a lincoln. Just my $.02

  3. #3lumberjack2016-02-03 08:41

    +3 for Milwakuee as I have a small stable of their tools.

  4. #4td15c2016-02-03 11:01

    18v Lincoln is a good gun but the plastic on the batteries don't hold up. I changed to the Milwaukee m18, because I already had batteries and it is a good gun to with a much better battery set up.

  5. #5tie_in_man882016-02-03 17:14

    Well already then looks like im going with Milwaukie! Thanks again guys.

  6. #6lumberjack2016-02-03 20:09

    To clarify, I like the M18 Fuel series of tools (impacts, grinder, grease gun).

  7. #7mitch5042016-02-03 22:26

    I really like the Alemite cordless gun, and believe they make about the best manual ones, too. I used an Alemite for 9 years and had no problems with it, other than buying one new set of batteries. My Alemite still works, but I just bought an M18 Milwaukee this fall since I carry 2 impacts, a grinder, drill, ratchet, and sawzall of theirs. The M18 is good, and the lithium-ion batteries are far and away better than the ni-cads I was using, but, priming and purging the air from the M18 is nowhere near as easy and convenient as the Alemite is. The Milwaukee is a good bit heavier and bulkier, too. All in all, if I was going to just use a cordless grease gun, it'd be an Alemite, since they use Li-ion batteries now too. If I wanted it to fit in with other cordless tools, it'd be the Milwaukee.

  8. #8cgood12016-02-07 20:56

    I've had a pneumatic, a Lincoln, and a Milwaukee cordless, by far the Milwaukee out performs the rest. One of the first great guns ever where the bleeder actually worked. Factory tip grips quite well also

  9. #9Paystar2016-02-08 19:02

    I also vote Alemite. Best grease guns on the market. My last couple Lincolns seem to be going downhill in quality.

  10. #10Mike L2016-02-08 19:14

    I've got a Lincoln that's on its way out. My next one will be a Milwaukee.

  11. #11Bumpsteer2016-02-11 19:45

    The DeWalt comes with a larger battery and is less money than the Milwaukee.... Ed

  12. #12mudober2016-02-14 19:42

    Milwaukee no problems had a Lincoln before, mil much better.

  13. #13Jonas3022016-02-14 20:20

    Dewalt has worked very well but nothing to compare to a Highly recommend a locknlube coupler really makes any grease gun a joy to use

  14. #14Deere John2016-02-14 20:31

    Milwaukee here, M18 had adjustable flow, but the M12 one does just fine.

  15. #15Twisted2016-02-14 20:52

    I bought a bare tool DeWalt grease gun because I have a huge stash of 18V tools and batteries. I'm very impressed. It puts out as much or more pressure than most of my hand guns. It is heavy but I attribute that to being well built. I looked at Lincoln and the other top brands. I may have went to another brand if I didn't have all of the batteries but all said and done, I'm super happy greasing an excavator, dozer and skid steer daily plus some other equipment on some days. My $0.02

  16. #16pinewood502016-02-15 20:04

    Lincoln isn't great for service, bought one this for January 2016 job, it worked a couple times but not much power even with batteries fully charged, and proper grade grease it would only pump half the tube then stop. Worse part company bought it from doesn't take it back, all warranty work is done through manufacturer and that's the trouble they are in the states and only a view offices in Canadian region that does service and almost all are in Quebec and you can't get anyone on the phone, just answering machines, Today after 10 calls to different places got thru to someone and they said they didn't have any calls today so they weren't expecting to have to deal with anything today as a couple provinces were still having family day. Finally found a third party that is willing to send the gun to Vancouver to have it looked at and it will take a few weeks to hear back from them but at least I got to talk to a human, so if you want reliability with good customer service, don't buy the Lincoln in Canada.

  17. #17OFF2016-02-18 13:02

    Great news. I ordered a Lincoln kit yesterday. Hope it works better than yours did. Is yours the 14.4V or 18V?

  18. #18pinewood502016-02-18 15:56

    its the 18v lithium, finally got a shop that will send it down to Vancouver to look at it, they think its the motor malfunctioning, take a few weeks to hear back, see what happens if and when we get it back. Still definitely not buying theres again because of the poor customer service experience.

  19. #19Interstatetow12016-02-24 19:04

    I currently own two Lincolns and other than being a pain to bleed they held up great one is ten years old the other is 8.

  20. #20zhkent2016-02-25 10:11

    I think the Best electric grease gun is the Alemite, although it wasn't offered as a choice. Have had Lincolns, friend has a Milwaukee that I tried, still prefer the Alemite, haven't tried Dewalt.

  21. #21KSSS2016-03-11 14:07

    I bought a Dewalt a couple years ago and after it got ran ove,r I bought it again. I have been happy with them.

  22. #22norite2016-03-12 16:29

    I have the alemite, works great for me.

  23. #23Bliz2016-03-19 22:36

    We have had Lincoln's, Milwaukee and DeWalt. The Lincoln was good but the Dewalt was by far the best one. Two of our Milwaukee guns broke down in 6 months. One kept losing its prime and both of them blew the threaded grease hose fitting out of the barrel. If you get on a fitting that won't take grease, there is no pressure release on them and the threads for the grease hose will rip out of the barrel. Also, the batteries that came with our Milwaukee's wouldn't stay charged for more than 15 minutes of use. We ended up buying bigger batteries for them but with all the other issues they ended up in the dumpster. I had heard so much good about Milwaukee that we were going to switch all our rechargeable tools over to them, until we tried the grease guns. We now have all 20V DeWalts.

  24. #24Shimmy12016-03-19 23:27

    I run an old as dirt 12 V Lincoln, a 14.4 Alemite, and an 18 V DeWalt. A trick I've come up with is NEVER pull the plunger back on an empty tube until you've unscrewed it. I believe it pulls the grease out of the pump. I've tried Milwaukee, don't care for the feel. I keep saying when my 12 V Lincoln dies, I'm getting an 18 V. I have guys keep giving me 12 V stuff that they don't want, I've replaced a couple of grips, couple of triggers, a motor, bought a few batteries and chargers, and it just keeps pumping grease. Not as fast as these new ones, but it owes me less than nothing.

  25. #25old-iron-habit2016-03-20 09:25

    I have used my old 12 volt Lincoln, often in adverse weather up to -20 F, for 7 years now. Local bettery shop rebuilt the batteries once and the other day I had to buy a new charger. It keeps on ticking so far.

  26. #26pafarmer2016-03-26 07:48

    I have a fleet of Dewalt grease guns...good quality units...I have alo used Lincoln and Milwakee with some luck but the desalts seen to work the best and last the longest. Note to all, if you run over your new dealt grease gun with a D6 the first day you have it, Dewalt will not cover it under warranty...:Banghead

  27. #27JNB2016-03-26 10:46

    Well that ain't right...No Dewalts for me. I use an older Lincoln that works just fine. I have a bunch of Dewalt tools though, so I'll probably go that way in the future.

  28. #28mitch5042016-03-26 10:49

    I could see them not covering it if you ran over it on concrete, but just dirt, naw, that ain't right!