Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Best flashlight

Midnightmoon · 2021-04-06 21:25

Well my mac flashlight has been great for almost 8 years now it's time for a new one. Budgets about 150. was thinking of a streamlite this time around. Looking for something that will fit in my pocket, super bright, and take serious abuse. What's your favorite?

Replies27
  1. #1westerner2021-04-06 22:21

    Streamlight makes good stuff. All the cops around here carry them. That is all I need to know.

  2. #2Coaldust2021-04-06 22:58

    I’ve been rocking the same SureFire G2X Tactical 600 Lumen for 4 years, edc. Very happy with it. Except the price of CR123A batteries. It’s too bright, for some things. Fits perfect in a Carharrt Jean side pocket. I’m required to use class 1 division 1 hazard lighting, but most of it sucks. So, I carry a Pelican or whatever brand of headlamp to look legit and use my SureFire when I need to see. Which is often, because the sun never rises in the winter. Lol.

  3. #3JLarson2021-04-07 00:29

    Streamlight Strion or Stinger, I've got a few of each. I try to use them over any of my Streamlights or Surefires that use CR123's to save $$$$ lol

  4. #4Zewnten2021-04-07 20:32

    I use coast pen lights, rechargeable or aaa. Great warranty and plenty bright for me.

  5. #5heymccall2021-04-07 22:10

    I use the heck out my one of these. Runs an hour on bright. Second battery always ready. One bolt on bracket and slid under seat track.

  6. #6terex herder2021-04-10 08:35

    My EDC is a Streamlight microstream. USB rechargeable, small enough to carry easily anytime I am wearing pants.

  7. #7hvy 1ton2021-04-10 12:27

    Streamlight Protac 2L-X with SL-B26 batteries. I've been using one for 2 years and really like it. The rechargeable batteries have greatly reduced my CR-123A consumption. Protac 2L-X SL-B26

  8. #8DMiller2021-04-10 14:37

    One that works when needed!!

  9. #9frickenbored2021-04-13 13:31

    I've had my Streamlight stinger DS led for at very least 8 years now and it's hands down the best flashlight I've ever owned. I've thrown it at concrete walls multiple times, thrown it on the cement floor many times, ran it over with a truck and dropped it more times than I can count. That thing still works flawlessly, I've only ever replaced the lens because it was extremely scratched up. But lately I've been using one of those Braun adjustable lights from harbor freight: I've been very impressed. It's rechargeable, uses a 18650 batt, has a super strong magnet on the bottom, and it's crazy bright. It won't take the abuse my streamlight has taken but for $25 you can't go wrong.

  10. #10nowing752021-04-15 12:13

    You normally work naked? jk

  11. #11Coaldust2021-04-15 15:10

    Holy cow. You made me snort coffee on my shirt with that one. Lol

  12. #12terex herder2021-04-17 22:43

    Wear my kilt. Wool, so its fire resistant.

  13. #13Vetech632021-04-18 07:55

    I wish I was rich like you guys. I get mine at Walmart.

  14. #14heymccall2021-04-18 10:13

    We're rich? Would you care to see the plethora of dead or screwed up lights that that led me to spend $137 on a flashlight? I know I've spent at least that much in cheapo flashlights.

  15. #15JD955SC2021-04-19 20:04

    cheap lights aren’t they always crap out and die I went through a crapload of maglites and mini mags back in the day before tossing them all and replacing them with a Surefire G2 that was a pretty penny. The CR123 batteries weren’t the cheapest but the two surefires I own have never flickered or crapped out on me like literally every cheap flashlight I have ever owned. I put that G2 on my rifle and then got a G2X for work carry.

  16. #16Old Doug2021-08-11 10:38

    I hate to spend alot to me every thing seems to last only so long then isnt as bright.Then is it going to get lost or broken.

  17. #17JBrady2021-08-19 14:15

    Streamlight Stinger is hands down the best flashlight I have ever held. Not very practical to carry around as a flashlight, but the DeWalt LED light coupled with a large battery is great for almost everything where weight isn't an issue.

  18. #18ianjoub2021-08-19 15:25

    DeWalt 20v because I carry the other 20v tools. I have a LED headlight from Amazon that is very bright, just wish it was rechargeable. It does use AAA's at least, so batteries aren't too expensive. By the way, nothing like Duracell ProCells! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B096ZCLGH7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

  19. #191466IH2021-08-19 18:45

    Pretty well anything from streamlight. Have several of the stylus lights between the single batt and double batt and a stinger

  20. #20Mobilewrench2021-08-19 21:06

    Wow! That's a lot of passion for a flashlight thread. I am pretty simple. I only wish I could find a decent light that is only on/off. When did flashlight manufacturers unilaterally decide that all flashlights had to... Er... Flash?

  21. #21JD955SC2021-08-24 17:12

    It comes from “tactical” ********. I hate the strobe function on any light, I don’t even want it on my weapon lights.

  22. #22ianjoub2021-08-24 18:46

    It woks exceedingly well to disorient the person you are aiming it at though...

  23. #23Mobilewrench2021-08-24 18:56

    It works pretty well to disoriented me when I am trying to use it. The other advantage is that, quite often, I forget to go through all fourteen clicks of the button to turn it off and put it back in the toolbox with it still flashing out Morse code for the Gettysburg Address only to find that it has flashed all of its battery power away the next time I grab it. "Four score and seven batteries ago..."

  24. #24ianjoub2021-08-24 19:19

    Yes, I prefer the 1-3 click versions over the 14 click ones.

  25. #25Thirty5D2021-08-25 11:39

    If lightweight and compact is what you’re looking for then here’s a flashlight that I’ve been using for a few years. It’s the “S1R Baton II” made by Olight. It comes with a rechargeable battery and USB charging cable but it can also operate on a single CR123 battery. https://www.olightstore.com/s1r-ii-baton.html There are a few levels of brightness - the 0.5 lumen “low” setting is fantastic for finding your way around in total darkness without searing your retinas. It has a magnetic base which comes in handy every now and then. An internet search will turn up a variety of different configurations for this particular flashlight but they all function similarly. Here are some photos of the “rare and discontinued” “Titanium Spring” version that was available a few years ago. There is an “updated” version of this light but it seems that the battery supplied is the only real difference. https://www.olightstore.com/baton-3.htm

  26. #26Truck Shop2021-08-25 14:26

    Buy cheap led light with AAA batteries, That way when a 22.5 makes a pancake out of it you won't feel bad.

  27. #27Randy882021-08-30 23:20

    Of the hundreds of flashlights I've owned over the years, I thought they were all only good for storing dead batteries. I've also noticed over the years, any of them that work, go missing really fast it seems, yet nobody knows where they went, imagine that, works about the same way for pocket knives, only the dull worthless ones are the knives that are always there, all the rest spout legs and walk off.