Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Best Magazines to Advertise In

Cyclones ยท 2013-05-31 15:10

Which magazines are the best to advertise in. Machinery Trader just seems really expensive to advertise in when you pretty much only get results from the web. My dad already has a site and doesn't want to pay for another. Any suggestions.

Replies3
  1. #1Steve Frazier2013-05-31 16:02

    What kind of business are you trying to advertise?

  2. #2Cyclones2013-05-31 16:18

    His business a smaller to medium size contractor. I would assume that would be our target audience. He gets Machinery Trader, Rock and Dirt, Contractors Hotline, and Machinery Access. I think he wants to decided between those for a larger audience.

  3. #3Steve Frazier2013-06-01 14:04

    The only magazine I've ever considered is a local news type magazine that is published here quarterly. I got a good response from it and it is distributed just to the area I wished to serve. I wouldn't consider any of the mags you listed, seems to me his competitors would be his audience there. I would focus efforts in the area you wish to serve and make contact with local engineering firms to inform them of what you have to offer.