Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Best place to source replacement hydraulic lines (all) on A Case 310 dozzer/loader

DIEBOG ยท 2013-06-27 23:58

All of the lines on my dozer are shot and springing leaks. here is a place locally that I can special order them from, but its pricey for just one line. So its going to cost a fortune to do them all. So I was wondering, and hoping someone could sugg an outfit online that I could get these from at a reasonable price. I am located In northern California. Thanks Jeremy

Replies7
  1. #1SchuLace2013-06-28 00:38

    Are they steel or hoses? Someone on here made a bunch of steel lines on his own for a machine. May be worth looking into. If they are hoses any hydraulic shop should be able to make them up.

  2. #2DIEBOG2013-06-28 00:41

    There is both, but I need to replace all the rubber hoses. There is like 12 or 14 different hoses. Ya I have a shop in town that can make them, but they cost a ton. I didn't know if there was a place that mass produced lines that would have them at a good price if I bought all of them.

  3. #3PatF102013-06-28 08:31

    I got some hoses made for my case 850 about 4 ft long got them through napa auto parts, some of the stores will make hoses. I paid about 60 per hose. Probably could have got them cheaper elsewhere but I needed them

  4. #4blitz1382013-06-28 22:25

    Try Hose Power for hoses. For steel lines call Marmon Keystone, they are a manufacturer that sales to the public. You would then have to bend them yourself

  5. #5DIEBOG2013-06-28 23:18

    I went to local hydraulic shop today and got the one made, cost 40 bucks. But the gal said I had reuseable fittings on my hoses. I never knew they had suck a thing. All the hoses on my dozer have ends like this. A big nut screws on to hose outer via left had threads, and then the inner one screws on the inside with right hand threads. The gal said I needed a "mandrel" to use these fittings on bulk hose. Does anyone know what this "mandrel" tool that the gal was referring to? When I got home I tried to unscrew the fittings, and the first (inner one) cam out with no problem, but the outer nut really wedges itself on the hose and if the hose is deteriorated like mine was, then it twists apart right at the back of the nut and leaves a splintery piece of wire/rubber left in the nut. I was able to drill out the center a little bigger which grabbed the wire and helped untwist it from the nut. So I am thinking the "mandrel" is to aid in removing the fittings from old hoses? Any thoughts?

  6. #6steveman12013-07-31 14:30

    I get all my hoses from hydraulicsdirect.com, but local shops are good too. Never heard of a mandrel before.

  7. #7SchuLace2013-08-01 00:05

    That sounds like an Aeroquip style of end. The Aeroquip ends are used on fabric hose generally. How big are the hoses that you have?