Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Best places in the US for heavy equipment mechanics to work

vera66 ยท 2015-10-26 02:09

I am thinking of moving either out of California or up to northern California. Was wondering if there are certain areas of the US that have a lot of heavy equipment mechanic opportunities. Also another reason for moving is because I just had a son and want him to grow up some place better then southern California and it also very expensive to live. Thanks for any input.

Replies9
  1. #1Cmark2015-10-26 03:37

    Genuine question. What's so bad about Southern California?

  2. #2nowing752015-10-26 10:50

    I don't think I have enough time to list the problems of the left coast.

  3. #3lantraxco2015-10-26 11:06

    If you're going to make a move, at least clear the border and put it behind you. I'm in Oregon and while I think we're a factor of ten better off than Kommiefornia, it ain't that great. Idaho or Wyoming would be nice. North Dakota I hear is still doing well, but the weather you know?

  4. #4mowingman2015-10-26 12:07

    Dallas/Ft. Worth, Texas area. Cat dealer and J.D. dealer here, have even placed ads on big billboards along the highways for mechanics.

  5. #5JNB2015-10-26 19:00

    I moved here from the Acton/Agua Dulce area twelve years ago. One thing I can tell you for sure is that the schools in Texas are 1000% better...maybe more. Work is pretty good too.

  6. #6Mike L2015-10-26 19:11

    Texas

  7. #7chris_james2015-10-28 21:28

    Nd is where the money is at. Ive turned down 6 figure job offers. To damn cold for this southern boy

  8. #8old-iron-habit2015-10-29 09:39

    Before you go get it in writing. There are a ton of pi**ed of people out there getting a lot less wages and benefits than promised. And with the latest slowdown and no unions they are getting wages and benefits cut more every day. Two oil drillers filed for bankruptcy protection this week. The owners seem to be living alright but it must not have been important to even make their interest payments. Guess you only need a few big checks if you keep it all.

  9. #9chris_james2015-10-29 09:48

    Im glad I didn't take it. The frist time I got an offer I was headed overseas as I contractor in 11