Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Pressure Test Equipment

Ackerdiesel ยท 2015-10-27 01:10

This one is mainly for all you independent shops out there, What do you all use for pressure test gauges and etc? Mainly Talking Hydraulic PSI gauge/hose/fitting sets, Is There a vendor or sponsor on here to purchase from? When I was in Tech School they had a CAT set but I forgot to grab a PN off of it. Thanks in advance!

Replies10
  1. #1nowing752015-10-27 17:35

    I get a lot from discount hydraulics. eBay has had some of the test fittings at a good price. Hydrcheck has some of the t fittings. It's hard to have enough fittings.

  2. #2FSERVICE2015-10-28 22:38

    I have a accumulation of many different sets over the years of needing something for a job. you can never have to many adapters & fittings as NOWING said!!

  3. #3mikebramel2015-10-28 23:40

    What are you working on and how much can you afford

  4. #4theironoracle2015-10-30 17:44

    I like Hydracheck they have some good kits and a good catalogue. I a box of 3 digital gauges (won't go back to liquid dials) a box with T fittings with pressure taps and a flow meter kit from them. All real good quality stuff...TIO

  5. #5nowing752015-10-30 18:48

    One of these days I will pull the trigger on a couple of digital gages

  6. #6caterpillarmech2015-10-30 20:48

    I don't know who makes the cat digital but i will stay with my liquid gauges. Can't use a precision instrument that cant say actual pressure. All of the ones i used would travel all over the range with the machine off! -5 to 50 psi on a dead fuel system does not cut it.

  7. #7JD955SC2015-11-01 13:59

    I've used the cat digital one that looks like a multimeter with several different sensors. The one I used was plenty accurate but very awkward to use, a lot of wires running all over the place and you could only test as many plugs as you had sensors in the appropriate range for then you had to select the range for each sensor using the dial on the unit. Personally I'd rather have the liquid gauges at $40 a pop and if we break them work replaces them. I can afford several of each pressure range for the cost of just one of the sensors on the digital one.

  8. #8theironoracle2015-11-03 21:19

    These are the ones I use from Hydracheck. After years of use and washing them down often with starting fluid the only problem is the battery is getting low in one. They connect with a micro hose and your choice of cuopler just like liquid filled gauges.....TIO

  9. #9Ackerdiesel2015-11-19 21:38

    I work on a bit of everything. I'm not above dropping coin on a good set. But I do feel like the Cat gauges are over priced.

  10. #10Joeyslushr2015-12-07 18:52

    Sunsource gave me a set with lines and taps. Didn't hurt that the company I was with spent a couple 100k$ with them that year haha