Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Best Simple Drafting Software?

alaskaforby4 ยท 2012-04-05 00:11

Does anyone know of a good program for drawing up some fairly basic designs? I'm not looking for high end, just a program for whipping out bid estimate drawings, septics and driveways. Thanks

Replies4
  1. #1Mud Dauber2012-04-06 21:59

    I used TurboCad for a while - think you can buy it for about 40 bucks online - it's not the full fledged autocad but it's not 2500 bucks either. It worked fine for me doing the same thing you are talking about - drawing schematics for job submittals etc. Good luck.

  2. #2alaskaforby42012-04-07 14:01

    Thanks, just bought it

  3. #3VoodooMojo2012-04-07 17:29

    muddauber is right on the money! I use turbocad for electronic schematics and other drawings. I also use it to draw up the outlines for making printed circuit boards. priceless! well, not exactly, 39.99 to be more truthful.

  4. #4bethany222012-12-10 04:28

    I agree to what muddauber. Turbocad works fine for me which I have been using for almost a year. You can download their free trial version by visiting their site and you can use it right away.