Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Best size Spreader/smudge bar for machine

Pottypirate · 2019-02-12 04:29

Gday guys, I posted this in the wrong section the other day i didnt see the compact section. Anyway I have a Jcb 1cxt and looking at buying a spreader bar. Ive used them a couple of times on bobcats and wondering with the bucket on the JCB being 1800 wide would a good size to buy be an 1800 or am i better off getting something 2000mm wide so i can see the sides of the bar as the view from the tracked backhoe is not as good as a conventional skid steer. I was think either 1800 x 1800 or 2000mm wide x 1800 long. Any input from guys that use them a bit?

Replies2
  1. #1Tones2019-02-12 07:11

    2.400 keeps it under legal width

  2. #2Pottypirate2019-02-12 20:23

    Trucks tray is 2.3 so go as wide as possible you reckon. 2.2 x 1800 maybe