I was removing some concrete rubble chunks yesterday from the dump truck which were on top of my load of some good gravel and trying to toss them over to my concrete rubble pile. I could not get the truck closer to the concrete rubble pile as there is currently my pile of 2-man size rocks in the way. So I attempted to grab a chunk of concrete rubble, extend the stick straight out with it, slew 180 degrees away from the concrete rubble pile and see if I could slew real fast back towards the pile and "fling" it over. A few made it almost there, and some just dropped near the end of the stick. What am I doing wrong? I need practice! I tried keeping the stick low and raising it up slightly before release. Maybe its not me, it's the Takeuchi machine! Note: I was never good at fly fishing casting either...
It's a trick that I seldom do well at also. You figure it out patent it!
I'm pretty sure it's just in the wrist action and I should keep my upper body more still.
that is hard on you and the machine both. Make another set or something, anything.
Somehow, I can't imagine that any machine swings fast enough to propel 'chunks' very far. The windup, speed and leverage aren't there. If it did, the right moment of letting go would be very hard to find ! Try 'twanging' an apple off a stick by just holding your arm out and pivoting your body.... ain't going to go far.
Think it depends on the machine. Some swing fast enough that you can cast a load of stone when doing culverts, pretty good.
Not talking about tossing 200lb+ pound items, this was just small chunks of concrete, most of which I could hand pick up and toss. The usual items I might toss would be just smaller tree roots and other objects I don't want in my work zone. Not trying to toss very far, just 4-6' pass the stick reached out. 2-4' pass the stick is a standard toss.
It takes practice. If you have a thumb it makes it a little easier. I have found that tossing within a 90-120 deg spin works. Starting with the stick in begin the spin, extend the stick, open the bucket just before where you want the material to land. I would note that you should not try to counter spin right away, let the machine come to a stop then counter spin.