Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

best tire machine for big tires, any good hydraulic units out there?

earthscratcher ยท 2024-03-08 06:02

seems like I spend more time fixing tires then working, its like the amish are throwing nails out the back of there buggies when they leave work. anyways, any body use or have a hydraulic tire changer for semi tires and up, that works better then a set of irons.

Replies3
  1. #1John Shipp2024-03-23 04:57

    Our commercial tyre services has one of these type of electric powered changers at their shop, takes the hard work out of it. The field service is still hydraulic bead breaker and tyre lever sweat.

  2. #2earthscratcher2024-03-23 11:06

    yes that is what I am looking at, any body else have any experience with one of these? thanks

  3. #3crane operator2024-03-23 11:32

    The only guy I know that has been around the bigger shop machines, said it was just as easy with hyd. bead breaker, and irons. Their boss bought it thinking it would save time/ workmans comp claims from back injuries, etc. It ended up sitting in the corner of their shop and no one used it. If you're into loader/ scraper size tires, one of the trucks with the knuckleboom and grip arms would be a better use of the $$$. They handle those big tires with ease. The shop machines are big and take up a bunch of room in a shop. I do have one of the fancy blue bars that make dismounting a little easier on truck tires. I think its easier than standard irons. But I just use the regular irons to mount.