I need to sell off my 2007 Kenworth dump truck. Can anyone recommend a good Heavy equipment/truck dealer that does consignment? I'm located in the Northwest area.
I known lots of them--but I won't recommend any of them.
What's usually the problem with them? Most of the dealers seem like they don't know much about class 8 dump trucks and don't like to sell them.
I trust them as far as I can throw them.
Listen, are we packing it up and headed out West? Kid Rock drove his old 379 out West to sell it. There is a good documentary.
Generally, new truck dealers are interested in selling new trucks. Your 2007 doesn't really qualify as "new". Pop it on facebook marketplace, or send it to a auction house if you want it gone. I can't see any truck dealer wanting it on their lot.
Too bad you are not in the Dallas area. That truck, if in good shape, would sell quickly, and at a fair price. Those type of dumps are in big demand here in the Dallas area.
I would think that a Kenworth Cat engine last model pre-emission year would have some strong interest especially as it was spec oem as a dump truck. Sending it to auction is dumping it off. Looks like a lot of used dump truck prices have fallen, while new prices are way high. I'd keep it, but it just sits, but I hate to loose my shirt on it.
List it on FB for what you want for it, you just have to sort through the scammers . . . The truck looks clean and straight, I'm sure it will sell sooner or later.
There lies the problem! Which dealers are scammers/scum, and which buyers are scammers. I've sold a lot of equipment on Craigslist up to 25K value and done alright. But this is a lot more money and requires a much more serious buyer. I bought the truck used from a freightliner dealer.
I don't know about dealers, but for the most parts the scammers are pretty easy to spot. There are a lot of tire kickers and such, but sooner or later a guy who wants a truck shows up, and they are just different.
If it was mine, and in my location, purplewave auctions gets good money for their consigned equipment. I don't know what is available similar to that, in your area. You don't have to deal with any tire kickers, they seem to get top dollar for the items that sell.
Log into Facebook Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know. www.facebook.com
Got tired of all the time wasters/scammers and last May our 2005 pickup (670,000km) hauled this 4” Duetz powered water pump down to Ritchie‘s Chilliwack; both went under the hammer. Didn't get a kings ransom but got a fair price; sure was nice to avoid all the hassle. I don’t do facebook & the scamming on local sites & Kijiji has got noticeable worse in the last 5 years or so. To the op; a truck like that here would be very saleable…perhaps a member of hef will see & be interested. I see the sell section is gone on hef…..guessing the scammers ruined it and too much hassle for admin? Good luck, looks like a nice rig!
If a person really wants to sell, then the price will be correct in the first place. Asking top dollar --what's being sold needs to be of equal value. But we all know that's not how the system works. If a person doesn't want to field the buyers or lookers--then they don't really want to sell, wanting the most without lifting a finger.
A fair and reasonable asking price is necessary for sure. The market will weed out the excessive asking prices. Have seen some ads in our local classifieds where items (from ’retirement’ sale) have been posted for more than 5 years, grossly overpriced skid steer, 5 ton mini excavator, GMC Kodiak etc. items now 5 years older….and still not sold. We have always had the best success by asking a fair price for well looked after equipment. Although we live in a very rural location the serious buyers would be willing to travel & come with legitimate means of payment.
Here's how it plays out on my 2007 Kenworth T-800 dump truck. The truck has 500K miles, with fresh rebuilt Cat engine. I have put in about 35K worth of repairs, service, and up-grades. If I was to sell the truck at the following prices: 45K - One would think it's a scam or it's falling apart. I would loose way too much money. 68K - Very reasonable "fair price" if everything is working. This is the lowest price I could accept. 85-95K - For the condition of the truck, with real dump truck spec, and with up grades I've done, this is where I would like to start. It's an acceptable price if one is looking for certain spec and features. This truck has a box with double floor, highlift gate, double brake lights and back up lights, cab beacon and amber flashers rear, ladders to get into the box, automatic pull tarp, back up camera, pintle hitch and 2' receiver, side tool box, storage under the dump box, shovel holders, and more....For spec, double frame, Hendrickson suspension, drop down axle, etc. OEM spec as a dump truck, not a conversion. 95K-120K - With new dump trucks costing well over 200K, a good used truck "ready to work", this price is not so bad for the right truck. But it likely will not sell fast and I'm not going to list it this high. Everyone knows you pay more at the Dealer, but you do pay for a bit of comfort buying from a well established dealer who can market the truck well, and manage the transaction well. This was my plan and still is if possible. The best dealers are owned by a business that usually have a few branch locations and are a major brand dealer for lines like ( Cat, Kubota, Freightliner, Peterbilt, etc). But those dealers don't typically do consignment.
And here's the thing about yours--realistically there are few on the market spec'd like yours or for the fact the shape it's in. Most all say ready to go to work--but with hidden issues. Yours I would take your word for it--especially if you have paper work to back it up. I personally would expect a reasonable offer of 79 to 80 K.
Well I finally just sold the truck!! Took a year and sold it for $72K The buyer was from Alaska and bought it sight unseen although his brother and Dad looked at it. I had it listed down to 80K but still so many tire kickers. Cost the buyer close to 10K to ship via Tote Marine to Anchorage. Truck Paper was of no help and so I stopped. Craigslist is what did it. All in all for me, I loved the truck but can't say for its fix up cost, insurance, operating and maintenance cost and how much I used it was it a good investment. My 1990 International 4900 dump truck has been great, and is a super good money maker. Now it's time to sell the Takeuchi TB153FR mini excavator.
Sounds like a solid sell price on the dump truck. That Takeuchi looks really nice....don't tempt me! Good luck with the sale on it...
Congrats on the sale. Looks like the buyer got a good truck at a good price. Selling the Tak? Downsizing, re-organizing, upgrading or closing the business down?
For old age and health reasons, slowly closing down. I don't need to make money out of the business to live, so doing a few jobs a year gives me some "play" money for my fishing boat, "tool" collection, bikes etc. Still have the TB240, TB016 mini excavator, Toro Dingo, Mikasa roller and compactors, and a lot of other equipment. Once my bigger excavator goes, I will sell the Trailmax 10 ton electric brake trailer.
Did @Coaldust buy it for hauling bulk rabbit food?
That took awhile to sell. Glad you found a buyer. Sounds like a decent deal for both parties. I’ll keep an eye out for it. Despite the overall economy being flat, on paper, companies are buying a good amount of equipment in Q1 26. Lots of speculation waiting for the big projects to start.
Trailer sales are flat, ton's of used on the market.
I was just referring to my little part of the planet. I should have been more clear. I have no clue what’s happening in the real world.
I was just referring in general, I don't think that the world is different down here than up there, except the fact it's more specialized there for operating conditions/seasons/specifications.