Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

best type of fuel hose

SDTN · 2018-02-05 11:51

My Gehl Ctl80 has cloth covered fuel hose from the fuel tank to the water separator. I need to replace it. What type of fuel hose is best. Do I have to use the cloth covered as a replacement? does it offer any advantage? Thanks

Replies6
  1. #1DIYDAVE2018-02-05 20:57

    I use import car guel line hose, like a mercedes diesel uses, has cloth fibers in it, lasts a long time...

  2. #2willie592018-02-05 22:46

    Import car fuel hose is good stuff, when you can easily find it. Myself, for diesel fuel lines, I use pushlok/pushloc hose that you can source at any hyd hose shop, far better than common fuel hose from auto parts stores.

  3. #3SDTN2018-02-06 11:00

    Thanks for the info. Looking at the Parker super flex, just didn’t know if the cloth covering was an advantage. Thanks again

  4. #4Birken Vogt2018-02-06 11:49

    What hose model/part number do you typically use for this?

  5. #5willie592018-02-06 17:05

    Don't have the part number in my head, I just replaced a short piece on a diesel welder today, I'll get a part number from the hose and let you know tomorrow

  6. #6willie592018-02-08 20:32

    The hose I use is Parker 7212 "Jiffy" Push On hose. Seems to be better quality hose that typical rubber fuel hose you get at the parts stores. > http://ph.parker.com/us/17612/en/push-on-multipurpose-oil-resistant-air-water-hose-jiffy-series-7212